wrench
Make
Buick
Model
Park Avenue
Year
Miles
Engine
The inside electric rocker switches on both front doors do nothing. Fuse is fine.

This is not a big problem as I rarely ever use them because the automatic lock and unlock system functions properly. In other words, when you start in forward or reverse all doors lock and when you stop and put car in Park all doors unlock. Plus the doors lock and unlock properly when using the FOB. And the locks work fine with the key too. So all 4 lock actuators work except from the front door switches.

Prior to tearing the left front door panel off and possibly the rt door panel off to check for power and switch diagnosis, I would like any suggestions or a wiring diagram of the locking system.

grcauto

wrench
Look at the wiring in the loom between the pillar and door (drivers).

JackC

wrench
Fixed. I R&R the driver door lock switch and there was no power coming to it, so I rechecked ALL fuses and found a blown fuse that I missed. Replaced it and I have not found any reason for it to have blown yet, so I will monitor it.

Thanks, Jack

grcauto

wrench
Fixed. I R&R the driver door lock switch and there was no power coming to it, so I rechecked ALL fuses and found a blown fuse that I missed. Replaced it and I have not found any reason for it to have blown yet, so I will monitor it.

Thanks, Jack
If you keep blowing fuses look at the wiring in that loom.

JackC

wrench
If you keep blowing fuses look at the wiring in that loom
If I need to look in the loom, I am not sure how to get into the large rubber bellows boot that surrounds it. Does it come loose from the door, the body or do I have to slice-cut it open?

JackC

wrench
Thanks. Several days prior to this incident I worked on the left rear door and repaired the lock actuator. Perhaps I blow the fuse when in there. I may never know. Anyway all is still OK.