1992 toyota tercel no trouble codes medium speed miss,idles ok.

How do I hook up a snap-on MT 2500 scanner with multi-1 connector that has blk-wh-R-BL-Gr-yel-brn

• unlimited

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • unlimited

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Parkman

Make
Toyota
Model
Tercel
Year
Miles
Engine
3EE rebuilt 130,000
1992 toyota tercel DLX 5spd has medium speed miss, no check engine light

billr

wrench
Staff member
Are the colors on your cable in the order you listed? Mine are not. Mine are BLK-WHT-RED-GRN-BRN-YEL-BLU.

Are you connecting to a 17-cavity round connector, that has sockets in only 14 cavities?

If we are talking about the same config, then post a picture looking into the connector. I have a Snappy instruction sheet that shows the connections and can tell you which color Snappy wire goes into which cavity on your round connector. There is also an under-hood "service connector" (in front of firewall) that I think also needs to be jumpered to get scans. That one needs the Toyota BLK and Blu wires connected.

On the Multi-1, the BLK wire is ground and only four others are needed, so I hope we can do this with just a picture and some words. I could scan this instruction sheet, but it will be a bother don't want to do it if not necessary

Parkman

Thanks for the info. my connector is under the hood next to the fuse box and is mostly square.Yes the colors were as I listed, but they are loose ended and can be used in any configuration.

Parkman

Doing all the distributor tests came out fine and they have no tests for the ignitor other than sub another one, so I have another used one I will try tomorrow thanks.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Sadly, that info from the <Charm.li> manual does not correlate with what is on the Snappy instruction sheet. The info I have is:

Snap-On BLK wire => ground
Snap-On WHT => Toyota "TE2" terminal
Snap-On RED => Toyota "TE1" terminal
Snap-On GRN => Toyota "ENG (VF!)" terminal
Snap-On BLU => Toyota "W" terminal

Also, the Multi-1 has to be powered from cig lighter, and that other ("Service") connector has to be jumpered.

Do you have the correct MT2500 cartridge?

I can't attest to either the Charm or Snappy info as being correct. I can only pass on to you what Snappy published for the MT2500-90 Multi-1 adapter cable. This is from Form #2526 printed 3/91

grcauto

wrench
Make up your own.

Data Link Connector: Diagrams​

NOTE: All terminals are not applicable to all models. However, terminal positions are standard.

pro multis · About Operation CHARM

billr

wrench
Staff member
OP, you say "no codes"; but do you get the "all OK" 2 Hz blink when you jumper TE1 to E1?