1995 Mustang AODE issue (converter locked?)

optionizerSS

Make
Ford
Model
Mustang
Year
Miles
Engine
Hello all. Have a 1995 Mustang GT that is being sold but a trans issue just popped up. Bought the car about 1 year ago. Has 69,000 miles but found a receipt in glove box saying trans was rebuilt about 15,000 miles ago. So last year I put a Trans-Go shift kit in it but inadvertently put 2 of the plugs on backwards for 2 of the solenoids. Felt to me like the convertor was locked up as it would bog at the 1-2 shift and when stopping. It would also shutter at stopping. I dropped the pan and swapped the plugs and all was good. Put 4000 miles on it with no issues. Drove it a few times this year then bought a 2005 Roush Stage 1 so sold the 1995 to a family member. Buyer drove it home about 50 miles and all was fine. A couple days later it started doing that same exact thing. Tonight I dropped the pan hoping to see a plug came loose but all looks good. No CEL either but it's OBD1 so not sure it would set a code? Anyway, everything in the pan looks good. My plan is to replace the TCC solenoid to see if that fixes it but aside from that I'm out of ideas?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! BTW-I'm not a trans guy so I'm flying by the seat of my pants here.

bp042665

transmission guy
i have seen this at my shop where the tcc apply valve will stick or even cross leak and apply's the converter i will try to get you a lay out of the valve terrain

optionizerSS

Thanks. Would there be anything in the valve body that would cause this? Or likely the TCC solenoid? When I installed the Trans-Go shift kit I replaced just about everything in the valve body and drilled a few holes in the separator plate.

optionizerSS

Also, should I have put dielectric grease or anything on those plugs when I plugged them back in?

optionizerSS

Thanks. Ordered a new TCC solenoid but had a couple people tell me i needed the 1-3 ohm but the place i ordered from assured me i need the 13 ohm so hopefully its the right one and hopefully it fixes it

grcauto

wrench
Thanks. Ordered a new TCC solenoid but had a couple people tell me i needed the 1-3 ohm but the place i ordered from assured me i need the 13 ohm so hopefully its the right one and hopefully it fixes it
I doubt it would be pulling 12 plus amps which a low resistance would allow. One amp with 13 ohms sounds much more realistic.

optionizerSS

I doubt it would be pulling 12 plus amps which a low resistance would allow. One amp with 13 ohms sounds much more realistic.
lol. I'm not an electrical guy but sounds like you are saying you think it should be the 13 ohm one? I ordered from Global Transmissions and he said he sells the 13 ohm one for all 1995 mustangs and never had an issue but read a couple of places that said the 1995 needed the 1-3 ohm one

optionizerSS

I did see a few references to 2 different ones though. There were 2 different part numbers for them. One fit the 1995 Crown Vic, Grand Marquis and I think Explorer and the other fit all the rest of them.