1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4 door 3.1V6 wiring diagram

wolfsmane

I am in need of a wiring diagram for a 1995 Pont Grand Am 3.1 V6 AT.

Does anyone have access to one or know where I can locate it on the web?

Thanks

The old man

Would be nice if we knew what particular wiring diagram that you want.

wolfsmane

I apologize. Losing my mind.

I am looking for the diagram for the electric door lock system.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
They all share the same ground, so if a wiring problem exists, that is were you want to look. If you have an amp meter, this is easily found with amp draw upon actuation.

wolfsmane

None of the locks work with any switch. It is as if the fuse is blown...but, it isn't.

Thanks for the help.

wolfsmane

I appreciate your help, and plan on checking grounds as you suggested, as soon as I can get my hands on the car,
which will be this afternoon after wife gets home from work.

I don't understand your remark "Normally I am a asshole. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxd-kWMzZNk"

Care to clarify ??

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Yeah, I tend to be somewhat a bit irate with my english. I am from quebec canada and it takes me forever to translate in a proper way. So over the years here, I have grown a reputation. I am still a stand up guy, and I understand that you are saying none of the locks work.

We will now have to work on the basis that probably a power wire on driver side door jam split. A common occurrence on the GM's.

Not my writingThe power door locks on a 1995 Grand Am have a lock actuator inside each door that moves the lock rod up and down to unlock and lock the car. The actuators are susceptible to short circuits as the Grand Am ages. If your Grand Am's door lock actuator shorts out, you'll need to replace it to restore functionality to your power lock system. Since the proper repair of the system requires you to replace the faulty actuator, if you have mechanical aptitude and an hour of free time you can repair the power locks on a 1995 Pontiac Grand Am yourself.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_7831998_repair-95-pontiac-grand-am.html

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
From what I know as a master tech is that the driver side power switch is a slave for all the others. All grounds go through there. On a 1995 like yours, you are working on basic anti theft logic. When a GM has a fit like you are having, most likely a bad ground, a split/shorted actuator.

So go to power distribution center and follow the current. You say no fuse blown. That is omnipresent of a short.

If accessible, I would be doing my testing at the Door Lock Relay Assembly.

Primary ground connection is below driver's seat.

Older cars get broken wires at the driver's door hinge area.