1997 CHEVROLET SILVERADO COLD START PROBELM

Trans please let me know what is the part number for the whole assy.. I think it also comes with a bracket. Thanks
Hector thanks for the post, I already checked the compression in all cylinders and there all OK.

brcidd

When high pressure GM fuel systems first came out- I got tired of trying to analyze and go through all the stuff mentioned above-- I also had the problem of going and getting the car or truck-- wherever it was- when it would not start- so I made a fuel pump sytem- a small gas can with a fuel pump in it with a twelve volt cigarette lighter adapter - and a hose that attached to the fuel rail along with my pressure gage- now if the car won't start- I plumb in my hose and plug in my auxillary fuel pump and and the vehicle starts and I drive it home- it does two things for me-- it tells me for sure the fuel pump is the "culprit" and it gets the vehicle home. Mind you- utmost care has to be taken- to have this gas can sealed and contained- and I only do it for myself- do not allow others to use it- for obvious safety reasons- but at leat 6 times I have "saved the day" with it-- the only drawback is that the gas can empties quickly- within 20 miles (5 gallons) due to the fuel being returned to the vehicle's gas tank- kind of funny to see the gas gage rise as you are driving in this manner....just my thoughts- saves a lot of analysis time as well................

brcidd

I forgot to add- that once in time of need-- to quickly analyze a fuel pump problem-- I once parked another high pressure system truck next to my "won't start" truck- plumbed a hose from their respected fuel pressure test ports and jumpered the good system fuel pump primer lead- to energize its fuel pump- and then try to start the "won't start" truck--- and it worked great- the truck started- ran great- proved to me that the fuel pump needed replaced- that all under plenum regulators, spiders, etc were okay-- so put it in line for a fuel pump.....just make sure your hoses have the depresser for the valve in them-- they are actually the ols style (R-12) air conditioning fittings.....

Re: 1997 CHEVROLET SILVERADO COLD START PROBELM

fixed Glad to we got this thing fixed, In case fellas with a similar problem I hope this information could help others Thanks to all the fellas with the replies and site, What  finally did to confirm which part to replace I did a similar test transman mention above but in a different way without pinching the return line.  I went to local Auto store and pick a new fuel filter installed the filter only in the inlet side, the oulet side I hooked up a a fuel pressure gauge that match the fitting in the fuel filter outlet, Turn on the ignition switch and pay attention to the reading. In my case I saw the gauge went up to 95-100 psi, I did the test 3 different times this tells me the fuel pump its doing its job providing the capable pressure needed. So I we installed injector assembly with regulator kit http://james.jaguar.net/Cannon/MPI/MPI00006.jpg and the problem was solve, fuel pressure was now 60-65 in cold starts. It cranks right up every cold start and morning in fact in runs much better too. Thanks for the help Pepe