1997 sentra 1.6 auto 180K OD

dabunk

wrench
Website
www.facebook.com
Just bought this car for my daughter to learn to drive on. Decent car for a beater but there is a harsh 1/2 shift all other shifts are smooth as silk. Shifts even harder as you accelerate harder. No codes at all. Any ideas or just let it be? Not a transman at all!!

kev2

wrench
first thought - fluid level and type also some* have a throttle valve that can be adjusted... can you check and I will try to get the adjustment procedure...

*applies to the RL4F03A transaxle. .

bp042665

hunting nut
Ok we are here to try to help Kev is right these were bad about the throttle valve sticking you can try to adjust the cable the adjustment nut is located at the air horn next to the throttle cable

dabunk

wrench
Website
www.facebook.com
OK got a quick look under the hood today, between the two throttle cables is a third cable that goes to the trans. It kind of looks like the old Chevys had on the carb linkage to the trans kickdown cable. So what is the proper way to adjust? Thanks

kev2

wrench
looks very much kike the GM throttle valve cable - see attachments-

adjustment description is confusing to me - there are no Nissans in fleet SO maybe bp can translate to english, clear up the WTF...

Turn the ignition switch OFF. Mark the throttle wire to aid in measurement.
While pressing the lock plate, move the adjusting tube in the direction T.
Return the lock plate. The adjusting tube is locked at this time.
Move the throttle drum from P2 to P1 quickly. The adjusting tube moves in direction U while depressing the lock plate.
Make sure the throttle wire stroke L is within the range of 1.079-1.236 in. (27.431.4mm) between full throttle and idle.

PS- P1 and P2 described in diagram

Attachments

jasonn20

With the only problem being on the 1-2 shift it is unlikely a throddle valve or electrical problem.