1998 Geo Tracker with No Engine Light "Key-On-Engine-Off"

I have a 1998 GEO Tracker 2wd 1. 6L I4. I went thru local emissions and failed. The main reason being that there is “NO” “Check Engine” light with the key on engine off. I’ve only had the car for a short time and have never noticed a check engine light. It also showed P0135 ( 02 sensor heater circuit malfunction-Bank 1) P0340 (Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction) P0500 (Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction) . I recently had a oil leak fixed and the battery was unhooked for this procedure. My questions would be: Is there a particlar fuse path I would search out that would cause there to be no “Engine Light” and is it possible that the same wiring problem has caused all the problems. THE CAR RUNS GREAT !! It starts good and gets to normal operating temp just fine and drives down the road just like everything is normal. I checked the fuse box under the hood to the best of my ability and the fuses appeared to be good. There was no fuse in the ABS slot but when I put a good one into the slot it didn’t make a difference so I am guessing that it doesn’t need that fuse. Any Suggestions….

If the other lights are working I would suspect that either the bulb is bad or missing.

Ford_Dude

So if the check engine light were lit what ( or where)would the location be in the instrument cluster ???? :'(

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Just remove cluster. You cant miss it once you remove the bulbs and hold it up to light. You will see the symbol through the light. If you do not have light once replaced if light was burnt. Verify circuit for voltage when key is on. This might be a printed circuit so you may need to replace cluster with a used one if this is the case. This is a simple circuit and should be easily verified!! Hope this helps. nick ....x