1999 altima R.F axle

Parkman

I need to change one of these , anything special I need to be concerned about? Looks like it should pull out like most the others once its unhooked. Doesn't have A.B.S

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
My question is that which shaft are you replacing, the intermediate or outer. If it is the outer shaft, then it is no big problem, just remove bolts from inner cv joint to intermediate shaft and pull out of knuckle after. If you need to remove the left axle shaft, these are a bit harder to remove, you may need to remove the right shaft to insert a long punch to hammer out the left shaft. Picture below will give you an idea. Why are you replacing the axle shaft, a whining or knocking noise? If you have a whining noise, may be the intermediate shaft bearing, have seen many of these go on these models.

[attachment deleted by server]

Parkman

I am replaceing the right side, I just bought the car and I noticed it was pulling to one side quit a bit and I thought I heard a little clicking noise on a hard steer. when I got the car home to service the oil and coolant I noticed the outer axle boot was broken,and it looks like it has been that way a while. Thanks