1999 Dodge Caravan SE 3.3 Blower motor/turn signals out. ABS on.

Mobile Dan

wrench
Heated seat switches, ABS control module, rear window defogger relay are also on that circuit. Backup lamps may be wired into a factory towing module, if equipped.

caprince

Okay, here is the fix. I went to Auto Zone and bought a self resetting circuit breaker for $10. 00. It has not tripped yet, or I don't know about it! Plugs right in where the fuse was. Now I can wait till the thing trips more than once every 2 weeks to look for the problem.

caprince

Circuit breaker thing works great and it is 10 amps. It has only tripped once or twice. I think the problem is in the transmission switch to the backup lights. Now the backup lights are on most of the time, in most any position of the shifter. Where is this switch?

Now the backup light is out. I ran the shifter through the gears a few times, now the backup light is out. I was fixing to pull the bulbs anyway untill I resolved this the right way.

NickD

wrench
10 amp fuse for a blower motor? 30 amp is far more common and with an electronic blower motor controller, that will blow before the fuse. Same with resistors, they will burn up first before the fuse blows.

Common problem, air intake vents under the windshield, let water drip in, that can leak into the blower wheel and freeze it. If the top vents covered with snow, usually opens in that windshield wiper box on the sides where a mouse can crawl in and build a nest inside your blower motor wheel. Some of the problems I ran into.

Brush motors, back in the early 70's brushes were worn in my 70 Buick, dealer wanted six bucks for a new motor, but had screws on it. Cost 25 cents for a pair of new brushes, and a dime each for new bearings, lot of meat on the commutators, could shave those off like new. Why should I pay six bucks for a new motor, that would be like 72 bucks today.

New ones are 100% throwaway, how about 300 bucks for this piece of crap from Honda? Commutators are foil, nothing left of them.

Other problems were no filters, pile of debris in that blower motor wheel, only took the automotive industry 110 years to add a cabin filter. Mice still can get it and love chewing up that cabin filter. When cars had to be left outdoors, removed the top under windshield vents, and added screens to those large openings to solve that problem. Simple solution.

Would love to see auto ads, if you want problems, we have problems.