JMARAUJO26

Make
Dodge
Model
Ram 1500
Year
Miles
Engine
i hope somebody can help me on here cause am going crazy thinking about my problem on my transmission. i change my tranmission cause the one that was on there was leaking a lot of trans fluid. so it was easier for me to change the tramission instead of rebuilding it so that been said. i bought the tranmission at a local junk yard install it my self now my truck wont go in to anygear the shifter handle inside and rod outside move pertty good is just not going in to gears plus this is the second one i put in there the first one i bought was doing the same thing tranmission was not going in to gear at all. so i took it back cause i put warranty on it and they gave me another one. the tranmission fluids was at its right level on both of them filters i change brand new and its still not going in to gear. so two transmissions doing the same thing thats when i started thinking maybe theres something am doing wrong or am missing something? the solienods look ok i havent check the transmission relay i started to think it might be that since my dodge electrical problems with the tail lights it keeps blowing the fuse out when i turn the tail lights on. not to long ago i change the wires that go to the ECM cause they where close to the manifold and they got burn on one side so i had couple of them touching and i thought that was the problem for my lights but no cause they still flow my fuse. switching the cable of the ECM just fix my engine fuse problem cause it was blowing that to. so this is whats happening with my dodge right now am just worrie about the transmission. i can do the rest figering out my lights problem but just wanted to let yall know wat all i have done to it just to see if anybody has any idea what i need to do to it. i dont want to sale it or take it to the junk yard cause couple of months ago i install an engine and the engine came out to be very good and low miles.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok, that is one huge chunk of info, all I read was a mono-bloc. As my son has adhd, so do I. Can you summarize that is a texte I can help you with. Such things as how problem started, end of text, what was done first time, end of text, what was done third time, end of text.

At this point you should be getting the drift I really WANT to help you, but the chunk of info in my french brain cant proccess, can you simplify by paragraphing? It would help ME greatly to help YOU.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Hi
JMARAUJO26

I am so sorry, but after the 4th time of trying, still can't make sense of your problem. I am a french guy and this type of thread has bitten me in the arse more than once.

Again, I realy want to help, but right now, this is a laguage barrier for me, and any advice I give out will be erronous on my part cuz I misread your texte.

So we need to simplify.

Regards,

Nick

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I am going to go ballistic all over this thread, why?,

cuz client has a legitimate problem, and obviously has taken the time to try to fix it, but to no avail.

This is where sherlock thinking switches on.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
i change my tranmission cause the one that was on there was leaking a lot of trans fluid. so it was easier for me to change the tramission instead of rebuilding it so that been said. i bought the tranmission
Why?

A leaking tranny does not mean a bad tranny, it is just leaking.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
now my truck wont go in to anygear the shifter handle inside and rod outside move pertty good is just not going in to gears plus this is the second one i put in there the first one i bought was doing the same thing tranmission was not going in to gear at all. so i took it back cause i put warranty on it and they gave me another one. the tranmission fluids was at its right level on both of them filters i change brand new and its still not going in to gear. so two transmissions doing the same thing thats when i started thinking maybe theres something am doing wrong or am missing something? the solienods look ok i havent check the transmission relay i started to think it might be that since my dodge electrical problems with the tail lights it keeps blowing the fuse out when i turn the tail lights on. not to long ago i change the wires that go to the ECM cause they where close to the manifold and they got burn on one side so i had couple of them touching and i thought that was the problem for my lights but no cause they still flow my fuse. switching the cable of the ECM just fix my engine fuse problem cause it was blowing that to. so this is whats happening with my dodge right now

And this is where I lost you;)

JMARAUJO26

thank you for trying to help me. ok so i install two tranissions this second one is doing the same as the first one not going in to gears

JMARAUJO26

so i thought the first transmission was no good cause it was not going in to gears i change it cause i had warranty but the second one is doing the same think

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Just putting that out there.

For you, do you have a volt meter?,

Do you have access to a scanner?.

Have you tried the three time key method (is check engine light on etc) to attempt to get a code?

A main ecu fuse blowing will defiantly cause a no go trans no matter how many you put in there, it is an ELECTRONICALLY controlled trans. This IS telling YOU something.

Do you know what live is? ETC

Maybe this was your issue ALL along.

BP is our trans guru, an I am pretty sure he would say same as me, but with better english words.

I have to elongate my sentences to get point across, anyway, just by the gist of your text, you got lost at main fuse blowing. Correct me if I am wrong. If I am wrong, which I think you knew I am not, lets back up the circuit.

Do you have a pdf reader?

Attachments

JMARAUJO26

the filter are new. the only think i have heard is that it can be electrical problem cause both tranmissions can be bad i mean i did get them at a junk yard but for both of the tranmissionn to be doing the same thing. thats when i started thinking about it.

JMARAUJO26

since my wires where touching the manifold they did get burn well some of them which cause my fuse to my tail light to blow. no OBD connector is not getting power my fuse for my tail light keeps blowing and my main engine fuse was blowing but not no more