1999 dodge ram 1500 3.9 tranmission not going in to any gear

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Right now, your trans is the last of my problems, if your main ecu fuse is blowing as you wrote it is, this truck is going nowhere, so plz confirm your own writing and lets not focus on second third whatever trans right now. Get your head out of trans mode, focus on electric. regroup, and post back you understand

THE ONLY THINK I HAVENT TOUCH OR CHANGE IS THE TRANMISSION RELAY. SINCE IT HAD CABLES BURN A LITTILE AM THINKING IT MIGHTED SHORTED THE RELAY AND IS NOT SENDING A SIGNAL TO THE TRANMISSION

BUT THAN AGAIN THE ORIGINAL TRANMISSION WAS GOING IN TO GEARS AND SHIFTING FIND I SWITCH IT CAUSE IT WAS POORING OUT FLUID FROM THE BELL HOUSING AND I DID HANGE THE FRONT SEAL AND IT DIDNT STOP IT WAS THE SEAL THAT GOES TO THE PUMP I DIDJT WASNT TO TAKE THE TRANSMISSION A PORT OR REBUILD IT SO I JUST BOUGHT A USE ONE THATS WHEN THIS ALL FIRST STARTED NOT GOING IN TO GEARS

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Let me try to explain, you have inadvertently created a short in the bus/can line and this is causing a no go to ECM, YES or no?

Here is a diagram of the data line.

Attachments

THAN ME THINKING I BOUGHT A BAD TRANMISSION CAUSE IT WASN'T GOING IN TO GEARS I SWITCH THAT ONE ALSO NOW THIS ONE THAT I GOT IS DOING THE SAME THING ALSO THATS WHY I STARTED TO THINK IT MIGHT NOT BE THE TRANSMISSION IT MIGHT BE SOMETHING ELSE

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I am going to be brutally honest, if TCM aint talking to ECM/PCM, that tranny is the second of my worries right now, is main PCM fuse still blowing? How many have you tried before you get to a point blank guy like me?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
dont be sorry, just focus on main problem, your trans we wil deal with later, your main goal here now is to establish communication with pcm, cuz it NEEDS to talk to TCM, do you understand this concept?