1999 LHS EATX Controller DTC Present

My check engine light came on and the code i got was p0700 this has been worked on several times by the dealer with no results they just reset the code and it corrects the problem for a few months and then it just comes back The transmission will not shift right What can I do?

kev2

wrench
did you get the code OR did the dealer tell you the code?? any others?

P0700 is a "generic" code for a transmission problem.
There are often other codes associated with this BUT they are often transmission or manufacturer specific. These will need a special scan tool such as a DRBII. to access.
The sympton of not shifting correctly is likely the system defaulting to "limp" or get home mode.

Do you know any other codes?? 
Is there a remote starter on vehicle?
Any othrr modifications add on's or aftermarket parts?
The dealer is a authorized Chrysler dealer?
Any recient work...trans service maybe
ALso the engine is ?

While you answer ALL above Iwill check some esources for known problems.....

Cheef

King of A-604 and Prince of 62-TE
Website
www.ultra604.com
You will need to get the trans codes from someone that has a scanner that will access the transmission control module.

Common issues that recur can be simple: connector failures to the input or output sensors; sensors themselves erratic or have metal bits on their tips; solenoid block leaking internally; blocked filter, low fluid

Other that are common run gammit of leaking internal seals, torque converter failure, broken snap rings (which holds the trans components internally).

Gotta have those codes, else no way to even find what direction to look. If you find someone that can retrieve those codes, have them write down the "clutch volume index" for the clutches (there are four: 2/4, Lo/Rev, underdrive and overdrive)

Cheef

This is my wife's car after checking a little more I found out that besides the trans not shifting right it also runs rough plus the speedometer does not work either .The code P0700 was what I got after cycling the ignition switch on and off the only other code was a battery disconnect in the last 50 starts witch is correct

kev2

wrench
cycling the key will NOT display all the codes,especially trans codes.....as mentioned you will need scaner.

the speedo being inop is a likely cause for a transmission problem,

What about the other things we asked??
ESPECIALLY remote starter?

Cheef

King of A-604 and Prince of 62-TE
Website
www.ultra604.com
Sveral issues now

For a trans to work correctly, the engine issues must be fixed first.

The speedo is controlled by the trans output speed sensor. either the sensor or the conenctor is failing. This would also cause issues with trans shift problems.

That keyonoff stuff will not ID Trans/ABS/Body codes. Seperate computer(s)...you cannot get there from here.

Cheef