2000 Camaro - 3.8L engine won't idle after warm start

brcidd

Car runs fine, idles cold fine, idles after warmed up fine.. but let it set for 10 minutes, it starts then stalls- give it some throttle , it will run, but won't idle. Checked FP- 48psi KOEO and 44psi when running fine....this engine has throttle actuator (drive by wire) which has put out at one time a PO1518 code- serial data to PCM fault- but it hasn't been back since I've been testing.

My question is- since it is a TAC (throttle actuator control) system, there is no longer an IAC (idle air control) correct? So does the throttle get gummed up and need cleaning?- and does the throttle butterfly do the job of the old IAC stepper motor? What causes the stalling?

Thanks

Mobile Dan

wrench
Yes, cleaning the throttle body would be a great thing to try.

I've heard that on some Dr By Wire cars you can get the blade open if you turn key to "on" (engine off) and hold the gas pedal down.

Gus

wrench
Clean the throttle plate and bore.....then remove the battery cables(neg first)......hold together for a few minutes....this resets modules......then reattach cables(pos first).....

brcidd

Just for fun- once I got it in the "no idle mode" , I unplugged the MAF sensor- and viola it idles fine- so nothing to do with gummed up ports--So I drive it to town, pull the old MAF sensor out and use it for the core on the new one- and now all is fine- idles fine after warm-ups. Funny how it never set a code, even when driving with MAF unplugged....