Chevy
Model
S10
Year
Miles
Engine
4.3L
Hi folks!
I want to do my neighbor a solid by repairing his fuel line on his S10. He's a Vietnam vet and a bit of a gardener and he always brings me a boat load of tomatoes.
Anyhow, if he took it to a dealer it would cost a small fortune. All I want to do is splice in some high pressure hose.
There seems to be THREE fuel lines on this beast. The main one and a return but what's the third one for?
I'd like to splice in some hose by clipping off the plastic connector and putting in some rubber hose by shoving a brass barb into the plastic line and clamping it with hose clamps and connecting it to the metal end with rubber, high pressure hose.
So, I'm asking what's the best way to repair this?
Thanks again for all your help.
I can't seem to find repair kits for this vehicle EXCEPT for the main line.
S10 fuel line.jpg

billr

wrench
Staff member
The third hose is probably for fuel vapor, part of the EVAP system. Are you just trying to fix that leak at the quick-disconnect? Unless something has been grossly forced there, a replacement O-ring and (maybe) lock clip will probably be easier.

Pete

The third hose is probably for fuel vapor, part of the EVAP system. Are you just trying to fix that leak at the quick-disconnect? Unless something has been grossly forced there, a replacement O-ring and (maybe) lock clip will probably be easier.
Nope, can't do that cuz the metal tubing is the part that is rotted and leaking so I figure to cut that and the plastic connector and clamp them together with a high pressure fuel hose.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I used to be a believer until I was 5. This guy back in the day thought santa came and gave gifts . Religion was not available on TV or radio, unless it was ordered.

Cable

Benny Hill looked better than the local newfie called Reagan

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I used to be the bad end of a guy on a bad deal. This site changed me. I was lost in toronto, wanted to make marks in alberta, ended up way too north than I wanted.

The fact that I am actually able to help you is a miracle of science.

Sometimes my absences are long, that us what I call time off. I know I came off jdgy and stuff. But really, I think you just need to section the rotten out, find a cheap crimper and be done with it