2000 Ford Mustang AT base model v6 3.8 - radiator/heater core issue

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I can not think up any way the 16 lb cap would have any effect on your particular problem.
Each inch pound of pressure of system rises boiling point, the systems are rated to work with a certain pressure. This combined that he left the flush in there way longer than he should have leads me to think someone gave him given bad advice, or not should him the directions. A flush should never be in an operating engine more than an hour or so. Things bad happen after that. :)

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
The stuff we use at work is so caustic, after a 15 hot soak 3 grand rev, you need almost eye protection when that stuff comes out, and a corona beer chinese avian mask type deal.

Are we that stupid as a planet to listen to this hogwash on tv all day. If I think about every little ailment or black plague that has hit the planet since the extinction of dinosaurs, wouldn't we all still be in caves again. ??

Any way off topic, ppl think about the stupidist things sometimes that you can never get back. Im not saying ppl in general are stupid, we as a whole do stupid things when we are MISINFORMED. So that was not a personal hit wolf. ;)

Two weeks with that rinse flush agent in there, not good. Forseable leaks, and clogg, the stuff ate away at the inside maybe, I know I sound scary, but if you looked carefully at what is in that stuff, look at a compatabilty chart with full aluminum engines.

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
A low pressure or failing cap will lead to low water/antifreeze, hance sucking in back air, always heat problems, at least up north. You guys in calif have it made in this dept, you run on pure water, no problem. Don't even need a heater. Unless you freezing like disney!

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Again, these are rated engines. If you build x pressure, the result cool down will be equal in a VAC mode if you will. An overflow bottle in the 2000 era is always rated, and if not using a properly rated rad cap, but now days most are all closed loop, even more finicky, such as this gentleman's ford.

I rarely see a usa car of late that doesn't use the eupropean method pressure type overflow of late, the asian are still a bit like old and still using at rad caps, but now with the ev and hypids, three pressurized system on board, different temps, different materials, don't get the rad caps mixed up, each system has same locking mechanism, you can't also just throw a gallon of walmart prestone at all the systems and thing is universal now.

Anyway, @ Jack, hoped that answered you above question.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Just cuz I like it, I have been studying and participating in water cooling experiments in my pcs for a year or so, and the only thing that inspired me to do this, was what I have learned on site at work seeing client cars day in and day out. You get a feel for what acidity does to an engine when it is light weight but in pcs, alot of things can go wrong, in a modern engine, that also is very true.

. Back in the day, you could run a full iron engine for days with out even a drop of water in it if it was -30c out side, but look for heat in the cabin though, only air, cold air.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Cooling in an aquarium with 3m mineral oil, what a novel idea, would I try it? Not really, a small pick truck sized heater exchanger is fitted to one, a honda size heater exchanger to my other. All aluminum. SO, need rad cap here also, it is pressurized, it is a closed loop. Both will be, the last one I bought was for a mamoth 5ghz overclock on a 15yr old silicon chip. But in the oc wirls, you don't want a heater core, but principle in all aspect of air apply in a closed or open liquid cooled loop.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Yeah, that happens to me often. I get two post mixed up, the time it takes me to TRY to make proper english sound feaseable gets in the way.

I am sorry, I thought you had left the flush agent in there for two weeks:eek:

Two days, not so bad if it wasn't driven at highway speed, if you get my drift. Still, two day, stagnannt may have already done premature. Time will tell. But you nailed it, bad cap. Smallest things in life get ya!! I am happy, chest bust pounding proud you stuck with the problem till you found a LOGICAL reasoning of THE WHY!! Most ppl don't. You did, so in that book, it makes you a hero of what it takes to solve problems, but mostly how to save a throwaway society back into the world of how we used to live.

If ppl would fix their own shyte, less landfills, doesn't that make more sense than just being an idiot and wanting cool stuff, never learning a skill, and then deal with the woes of mother nature, cuz she don't give a shyte, when she says time to go, as geogre carlin says it best, mother earth will shake us off like a bad nuissance, a surface problem!!

Last edited:

wolfsmane

Your English is better than some in the U.S., LOL! But I understood what you were saying and I appreciate the guidance and knowledge.