2000 Jetta codes

Alexo86

I recently bought a 2000 Vw Jetta 1.8T in fair conditions and when I drove it back home(about 70 miles) the check engine light came on, so I connected my scanner and read these two codes:
1- P1297 Turbocharger/throttle valve loss of pressure at hose connection
2- P0411 Secondary air injection incorrect upstream flow detected
On the P0411 so far I've done a complete vacuum hose inspection and hoses are ok, so I move on to test the air pump and came up that pump is working only if I bridge on the relay so I thought it was an easy fix by just replacing the relay and after I did came up to the same spot secondary air pump not working with the relay, I'm confuse if this pump works at the cold start or why is not working. Any help is highly appreciated :-\

I am no expert on that particular vehicle, but if you were looking for one thing that might cause both codes, there may be some sort of pressure sensor for intake pressure/vacuum that is not giving the computer the information it is expecting.

Alexo86

So far I've being doing small research online for possible causes on both codes and the fisrt code relates to the turbo bypass valve wich differs from second code that has more to do with the air pump in this kind of vehicles and I believe is for some emissions purpose thing, I guess I have a double trouble

On the P1297 check the throttle valve pressure hose that goes to the turbocharger...it might be plugged or disconnected....on the PO411 check the pump to make sure it comes on and check the relay....Jim

Alexo86

I got worse confused than when I start dealing with this two codes today before driving to work(45 miles +/-) I replaced the air pump relay using my brother's relay from his 03 jetta. Then, I erase the two codes with my scanner, note that at this point I haven't deal with anything else other than testing out the air pump wich worked by removing the relay and bridge it, and checking out hoses looking for a leak. So I went to work and the check engine light didn't come on up to the point when I was warming up to drive back home, at that moment I didn't have my scanner so I when I got back home I connected my scanner and find out now I only have one code wich is still the P0411