2001 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3 V6. Will Not Shift from Low Gear

I have 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan 3. 3 V6 that will not shift out of low gear. The check engine light comes on. The trouble code is P0607 or P607. I can't remember which. I have been told the problem is the Pressure Control Valve and will cost $900 to replace. I don't know anything about transmissions and wondered what you thought about the diagnosis and the cost to repair.

P0607 is not a good number.

Are you sure it is not sticking in limp mode 2 gear locked in?

How many miles or has it ever been serviced or repaired?

Have a good repair shop get it on a transmission/engine capable scanner and check things out.
Post back any codes no.

For 900 $ you ought to get half of a transmission rebuild. :ROFL
Crunch

Crunch,
The van has about 70,000 miles and the transmission has never been worked on. The van is at a transmission shop. I must have written down the wrong code. The diagnosis from the code shown on the scanner used by the mechanic indicated the pressure control valve wasn't working. The van is probably in limp mode rather than low gear. I drove it to the transmission shop and at 35 mph the tach showed 2500 rpm. The transmission shop owner said the part was expensive and the part replacement would be difficult. Would a defective pressure control valve cause the transmission to run in limp mode? Does $900 sound like too much? I am really in the dark on this so I would appreciate any help or advise you could provide. Thanks Charles

We need the correct code no.
To be able to help you on it.
Call them and get it.
Yes 900 $ sounds high to me.
I can not see why the replacement of solenoids or sensors or solenoild pack whould be hard to do on that transmission.
That is one of the easy ones to work on.
If the valves in solenoid pack it is unpug it and 3 bolts holding it on front of transmission.
Post back code.
Crunch

Transman

Receptionist & Complaint Dept.
Website
www.edsofvineland.com
Agreed, if the shop did not explain it better to you and the info that you are presenting is what he relayed to you then find another shop. The solenoids are easy to replace as are the input & output sensors. They are not that pricey either, brand new and updated. Transman