2002 Honda civic ex misfiring.

Tracecross30

hey everyone. i am new to this site but i seem to find it very helpful/useful/. here is my problem with my 02 civic. i have these codes for Cyl 2.3.4 misfiring and i cant seem to find the problems. these are the codes. (P1505) Temporary DTC Pcv Air Leakage/ P0113 Permanent DTC IAT Sensor High Voltage/ P0302 Cyl#2 Permanent misfire/P0303 Cyl#3 Permanent/P0304 Cyl#4 Permanent. i changed Sparks plugs with the Dealers type which cost me over a $100 and still did not solve the problem. New coil packs ,its the same issues. New fuel filters, its the same. i bought a set of remanufactured on amazon, put them in and was having misfire on Cyl 2 only and then a few days after i started having the same problems. sprayed non flammable parts cleaner all over the vacuum areas including the brake booster hose and the intake manifold and the engine did not make any changes as if it would suck in any of the liquid.. Anyone with right solution for my problem please,you you are welcome to my problem.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Focus on the pcv code first is my way to start this discussion. You have multiple misfire

Disregard high voltage code for now, focus on vac leak or unregulated air.

I hate beging that guy, but here is another prime example of throwing parts at a car for nothing.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
An engine needs 3 things, I let you sort that out. On a car like this, all metered air in, and out is calculated, misfires occur when ecmépc, algorithme goes wonky.

Ok, plz be patient, at my gf house, not my pc, but she lets me entertain myself, so to speak. :cool:

Here is a ahort video, to help you understand what is happening in your engine.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
She should let me entertain my self, I built the damn thing:oops:

She some how found a way to put greek symbols in the french ones, now I need another six pack to figure this out. She is doing double time, I am here typing uselles proaganda on my gf. Yeah I hate holidays.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
And after all that, learn mode 6. It is easier than it looks. It is a pass faill code. Here is also a short video on that.

Here is my 2020 joke. Educate, eat shyte and start again. Did I say short video, oops. I can only imagine if I had video power like that. It will come, I am just starting to watercool my pc, I am novice.

But when it comes to cars, ask anyone here, Education is key.

NickD

wrench
Here's another problem that caused a misfire in a Japanese car, my Supra like your Honda is a pre ethanol vehicle. Injectors were sticking.

Idiots running this country making changes without telling anybody or doing proper research, can't sue the basterds.

Are you using ethanol?

NickD

wrench
Do you have ethanol in Canada? Haven't been up there for several years now, but closer to us than Illinois. In the southern part of Wisconsin that is all you can purchase so have to make sure you have enough ethanol free gas to get home if driving what is called a classic car made before 2006. Also in marine, motorcycles, or practically all small engines.

That ethanol is made up here reducing a fraction of the pollution in Wisconsin southern cities and bringing it up here.

Government wants to reduce fossil fuels by 10%. but compact vehicles are becoming history, have a little Asian woman neighbor driving an 8000 pound SUV and every guy has to have a pickup. How about a single seater, with that large center console with a wife and four kids. None of those kids has their own law required safety belt. Fuel economy is way less than half of a five passenger compact car and the average EPA rating is lower in 2020 than in 1985.

Least with a diesel, don't have to put up with ethanol, least not yet.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Do you have ethanol in Canada?
Yes we do, but I don't know how that is different, not allowed in that part of north america cuz I did stupid.

But, from my VERY limited understanding, we don't gas with that, to cold. That was all I have to say about that. That stuff is killer, when we get usa guys or galls, and investigate, this gas is horrible, and just doesn't work for northern climate like here. So kyoto aside, can't sell a gas that don't work for long. Ppl are smart. ;)