Make
Toyota
Model
Highlander
Year
Miles
Engine
3.0 v6
EZ question. In the past I have always used trans fluid Type T-IV purchased from Toyota dealer currently $6.99/qt(with my 10% disc $6.29). However Walmart has "Castrol Transmax Import Multi-vehicle" trans fluid $5.78/qt. The front of bottle lists Toyota and the back lists it is suitable for vehicles using Type T-IV. In your opinion should I stick with Toyota or is the Castrol (very good brand) just as good? Or possibly the same fluid but with a different labels.
I just wanted to get your opinion.
Thanks Josiah

So if you need 10 qts it will cost only $5 more for the dealer fluid? I would keep using the premium fluid if that what you have used previously.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Up here the back list on toy fluid is horrendous. Nobody buys it. We beat the shyte of all toys and never change oil. The castrol is more than fine. Even better quebec sold april trans. ;)

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
In 28yrs on general mechanics, meaning I fix more than one make a day, I have NEVER taken out a toy trans for liquid misappropriation. Those things are indestructible.

;)

josiah

EZ question. In the past I have always used trans fluid Type T-IV purchased from Toyota dealer currently $6.99/qt(with my 10% disc $6.29). However Walmart has "Castrol Transmax Import Multi-vehicle" trans fluid $5.78/qt. The front of bottle lists Toyota and the back lists it is suitable for vehicles using Type T-IV. In your opinion should I stick with Toyota or is the Castrol (very good brand) just as good? Or possibly the same fluid but with a different labels.
I just wanted to get your opinion.
Thanks Josiah
Mobile Dan and grauto, I appreciate the solid advice as usual. Thanks, Josiah
nickb2, I did not understand your reply, but thanks anyway.

josiah

Mobile Dan and grauto, I appreciate the solid advice as usual. Thanks, Josiah
nickb2, I did not understand your reply, but thanks anyway.