2003 ACURA MDX 02/APP SENSOR POOR MILEAGE

HELLO BAT FORUM. I'M LOOKING FOR INFO ON A 2003 ACURA MDX . I HAD CODES PULLED AT A LOCAL PARTS HOUSE AND IT CAME BACK WITH A PROBLEM WITH APP 1/2 INCORRECT VOLTAGE CORRELATION. IT SAYS IT COULD BE A BAD SENSOR OR CONNECTION OR WIRE SHORT. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE APP SENSOR IS OR WHERE TO LOOK. IT HAS GONE FROM 22-24 MPG HWY TO 14. I THOUGHT IT WAS POSSIBLY THE O2 SENSORS(IT HAS 4)TWO FORWARD AND 2 AFT OF THE CAT. THE CAR HAS 91K MILES. I'LL WHAT THE FORUM AND MY NUMBER IS 903. 278. 4400. THANKS

It means (accelerator pedal position sensor)....please don't use all caps when posting....Do you happen to remember the code # that they gave you?....Jim

Jim, thanks for the quick reply. the code that is on the printout is p2138. i have not looked at anything in proximity to the accelerator pedal. i will check for sensor at the pedal and try to trace any wiring into the harness and check connections. Any more advise would be greatly welcomed.
thanks

Has there been any work done to the vehicle lately?...Might have knocked something loose or left it disconnected...here is a diagram of it..Might check the connectors...Jim

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jim,
The car has not been worked on by us. we have had it a year and the mileage dropped off about 2 mo ago. we had codes pulled and here we are. I will check all the connectors and re-post.
thanks,matt