2003 Acura rear door lock buttons won't move

D1esel

Both interior door handles work as they are supposed to. My guess is both the actuators are in the unlocked position causing the buttons not to move. Cannot physically move the actuators to the lock position by pushing the buttons down. Child locks have no effect on the locks. Have moved them on and off to no avail

billr

wrench
Staff member
Have you tried with electrical power removed; either battery disconnected or fuse for that circuit removed?

Also, was she manually locking the front door when this seemed to have started, or was it the (passenger-side) rear door?

D1esel

Have disconnected the battery negative and tried moving the buttons. NADA. Thought leaving it off for a few minutes might reboot computer,NADA. She pushed the right front passenger door button to lock it

billr

wrench
Staff member
OK, and both front door locks work normally in all regards?

billr

wrench
Staff member
I hope somebody can post a schematic. Without that, to do some electrical checks, my only advice will be to open up one door and see what is preventing the manual operation of the locks.

D1esel

I'm assuming that when I push on the button,it is pushing on the rod connected to the actuator and by pushing the button,I'm trying to move the whole actuator gear mechanism

billr

wrench
Staff member
Yes, I think that is probably correct when things are operating normally. You have to find out what is preventing the push-rod from moving (or actuating the locks). Time for schematic/door disassembly.