2003 Civic front brake job

I usually take my wife's care to the dealer for all services but they want $231.00 to turn front rotors and replace pads. Looks like I am doing a brake job. Is there thing that I need to look out for.? Special tool to compress the piston? The car has 65K and the rotors seem smooth, should I go ahead and turn them anyway? I can work on old Chevy's and stuff but have never tried a newer import. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Paul

I'm The Decider
Are the brake rotors warped?Do you feel the brake pedal pulsate when applying the brakes?If thats not happening then I wouldnt bother having the rotors resurfaced.Just remove the lower caliper bolt,pivot the caliper up and remove the pads and shims,put them on the new pads.It wouldnt hurt to clean the old lubricant off the slide pins and add some new slider grease.

F

fglover

Thanks Paul, Do you know the torque specs on the lugs and caliper bolts? Figure they wont be in manual. Do I need to use any lock-tite on caliper bolts?

Honda= 80Ft/LBs
prety much standard with the exception of the oddysey with 22mm lug nuts (thats 90 ft/LBs)

Ford_Dude

Thanks guys, I am going to try to do the brake job tomorrow. I appreciate the info. Thanks Scott

fixed Hey guys, replaced the pads no problem. I got the high dollar ceramic pads for $42 at the blue and yellow store (not sure if it was ok to say name). Thanks for the help. Scott