2003 GMC Sierra Code P0449 and P0445 Help

aziemba

03 GMC Sierra/4x4/ 80,000mi/4. 8L V8
Just got the car back from the body shop and the engine light came on. Went to Autozone to check code and P0449 and P0445 came up. Where do I begin to look for the problem. Have done some research to find out it may have something to do with the EVAP system. I would appreciate any help. need to get this car inspected soon.
Thank You ???

What was it doing in the body shop?...Was it wrecked?...How bad?...Could have damaged part of the evap canister or another part of the system...Some of it is mounted to the frame....Jim

aziemba

The left side of the truck was damaged from the driver side door to the rear wheel well. I essentially drove into a telephone pole with the side of a truck. Not major impact just a lot of damage. The truck bed with the gas filler tube were pushed in but there was no frame damage. Funny thing is that there was no engine light on until I had the truck back from the shop for a couple of days. Where is the canister and how would I check it visibly or pressure test?
Thank You

MoparFan

It would be a good guess at this point to ASSume that there's a problem at or near the gas tank. The filler neck may be kinked at the vent tube, or bent otherwise. If the tank and evap components down there were removed, it is possible that it was not reconnected properly or that a hose nipple is broken. There are many possibilities. I would suggest you contact your insurance company, present what you've encountered, and tell them you need it fixed as soon as they can do it. The insurance company will back you on this, as the collision shop will surely be in touch with them about it. If you paid out-of-pocket, then just return to that collision shop. There's no need to get riled about it, but be firm about them fixing it asap.

aziemba

I am going to the body shop tomorrow. They are going to check the fuel fill tube connections.
I will keep you posted of the outcome.
Thanks for your help