2003 neon 41te trans

sdj38544

My son has an 03 neon the trans was replaced just over a year ago then his wife ran it through a flooded area running about 60mph. The flooded spot was only about 10 feet wide but she sucked up water and broke a connecting rod and it went through the engine. I got another engine and put in but the trans now will not go into overdrive. When you get to od speeds and completely let off the throttle the trans will let out and it feels as if it goes into od but the check engine light will come on and when you just touch the throttle you will feel it go back into third. it will stay in 3rd until you slow down then will drop to 1st and stay there. You can still shut down the engine to reset and drive away until time to slow down again . The codes are P0700 and one time it set a LR circuit but that was only once. I was told if the convertor bolts were streached it would ruin the convertor the convertor was put in new with the trans the 1st time but was not changed with the engine.

Any help is appreciated

Cheef

King of A-604 and Prince of 62-TE
Website
www.ultra604.com
With a P0700 there will be an associated trans code. You will need more than an auto-zone scanner. The converter bolts are not an issue right now as they would have dimpled the face of converter and cause the engine to cut off when you come to a stop. I would check the throttle position sensor for linearity with an ohmmeter and look for bad connections/bent pins that happened during the transplant. I trust fluid is full? 41TE's can act up with a quart low.

Cheef

sdj38544

Here is the ohms from left to right facing the tps

wires: brown w. yellow (left ) orange w. blue (center) purple w. red (right)
on harness disconnected:
brown to purple 7.2 orange to purple 40 orange to brown 14

on the unit harness disconnected:
brown to purple 1.8 orange to purple 0(full connection) orange to brown 1.5

fluid is good wires and pins look ok

sdj38544

I also pulled voltage on the TPS the voltage at full throttle is only 2.9 but the incomming voltage is only 4.1 not 5. Do you think 4.1 is enough to call TPS bad with outgoing of 2.9 or is the ECU not sending enough volts to the TPS?

Thanks in advance you guys have always been a big help

sdj38544

The TPS is under warranty and I swapped it out. The solenoid pack was bad and I replaced it as well as the input output sensors and connectors. Now the trans will shift in all gears including overdrive but sometimes when downshifting from od it will pop a code and go into limp. Before the olny code was 0700 since I changed the solenoid pack it also pulls 1776 code. This is low reverse valve are these easy to get worn and stick? Will there be any other things to check before I get a valve body?

Thanks
[/quote]