2003 PT Cruiser Rebuilt engine

Update; Well I started stripping engine to remove cam, got new one, FYI everyone, there is a casting number under magnet, at end of cam, and it is 100 percent confirmed that I have an 02 cam and is out 90 degrees, thanks everyone for getting me here, will update in a few days on results.

You are welcome wish it wasn't so much work. But it is what it is at least it will take care of your problem. Now I know you will remember this one these are the ones that are hard to forget when it happens to you. It drove me nuts and a lot of time. Glad to help. Greasemonkey :) Let us know when its running. Have Fun

billr

wrench
Staff member
It sounds like they will, he mentioned they already asked him to keep track of his time. Is it appropriate for him to post who the rebuilder is, so we all can know?

Went camping for the wknd, so didn't do much to get engine back together, the rebuilder is ATK Engines, and the so far I got a new cam within 2 days, the manager there went and got one from dealership himself, will see how they handle hours warranty, will keep all updated.

Arrrg!!!...I'm getting a flat-rate flashback. The one where they pay you to change the part, but nothing to figure out which part to change.

Exactly what I am thinking, but I guess any kickback is better than none at all, we buy 20-30 engines a year so don't think they'll fuss too much.

Finally turned the key last night, runs like a dream, now to start the warranty process, hope it goes well took a lot to get here, absolutely couldn't have done it without everybody here, once again THANKS!!!!!!