2004 Impala 3.4 trans problem

cw41

I have a 04 Chevy Impala that at 50k the trans when cold when shifting into drive sounds and feels OK but when you accelerate the engine rpm goes up briefly then drive engages, similar to a neutral drop. When warmed up trans works and sounds OK. Fluid level is fine and bright red no burning smell and been serviced twice for this problem, GM cannot duplicate. Is there a TSB on this issue? Thanks again and my forum donation is on the way w/Paypal.
Chuck

lots of tsb's for this vehicle trans....

is service engine light on?

Vehicle is STOCK .... ?? no aftermarket??

cw41

Vehicle is stock, unmodified and no service eng light. Is there a particular TSB that refers to my problem? Thanks,
Chuck

cw41

Thanks, I'm going to have GM scan it and see, I hope they will reimburse me for the charges.
Chuck

Transman

Receptionist & Complaint Dept.
Website
www.edsofvineland.com
Even if it is under warranty, I doubt that GM will reimburse for diagnostic charges. Try an Autozone or pep boys for a free scan, get the codes and post them back here before you end up at the dealer. Transman

2000 Astro Cargo van

Problem is leakage at oil filter housing,4. 3 v-6 engine,uses Fram oil filter for years,tried not overtightening and even using silicone on rubber gasket,still drips. surface looks ok. What am I overlooking. Thanks.

EricC

Website
facebook.com
Re: 2000 Astro Cargo van

justin case said:
Problem is leakage at oil filter housing,4. 3 v-6 engine,uses Fram oil filter for years,tried not overtightening and even using silicone on rubber gasket,still drips. surface looks ok. What am I overlooking. Thanks.
Start a new post in the Domestic Forum, but also clean it all up and run it while checking for leaks from above the oil filter at the oil filter adapter.