Lincoln
Model
Town car
Year
Miles
Engine
4 .6
Hello
Noticed the rug on the driver's side floor pans are wet. (Front and back) Pools in the driver's rear footwell a lot too.

Removed rug, see water coming from three places...
Weatherstripping on driver's door sill area.

Up under the brake pedal area (see pictures) apparently was leaking a while, see rusty drip marks in two main places.

Is there a tsb that covers this problem?

Car has a factory sunroof, front drains are clear. Not sure if it has rear drains, Could not seem to find where they are.

Thank you

Attachments

NickD

wrench
Daily driver in the northern salt belt area won't even last 7-8 years before it turns into a pile of rust, looks like yours lasted 16 years, must be in a salt free area.

What happen with this vehicle when you go through a car wash, can you see the water pouring it.

cw41

Daily driver in the northern salt belt area won't even last 7-8 years before it turns into a pile of rust, looks like yours lasted 16 years, must be in a salt free area.

What happen with this vehicle when you go through a car wash, can you see the water pouring it.
You're sure its not antifreeze from the heater core? Not sure of the color of the coolant ford uses but check your overflow resevoir just to make sure. Other than that I would say like NickD above, you have a water leak coming from somewhere.
Has your windshield been replaced recently? Water can get in from a improper install of the weatherstrip used to seal it. You might even hear a wind noise that you never noticed before especially on a windy drive.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Smoke generators are used for testing exhaust systems. Has anybody tried one on a vehicle cabin?

NickD

wrench
This is before MVAC cabin filters where all that debris collects on the AC evaporator that removes moisture from the air blocking that flow, but the overflow usually lands on the passenger side, not the drivers side, but this is a Town Car.

Also has a grill under the windshield with a large cavity where the windshield wipers live that has a drain that can get plugged up with debris.

Can only recall two drains on a sunroof, none are never water proof, have channels that fill up with water and need drains, hoses are in the windshield side posts, would be a long ride going to the rear and if plugged you and your passenger will get wet.

Not sure why I mentioned a car wash, use a garden hose at home, if you do have a home, wife suggested we sell and buy a condo due to the maintenance, just replied, that would be like going to a prison.

NickD

wrench
This is before MVAC cabin filters where all that debris collects on the AC evaporator that removes moisture from the air blocking that flow, but the overflow usually lands on the passenger side, not the drivers side, but this is a Town Car.

Also has a grill under the windshield with a large cavity where the windshield wipers live that has a drain that can get plugged up with debris.

Can only recall two drains on a sunroof, none are never water proof, have channels that fill up with water and need drains, hoses are in the windshield side posts, would be a long ride going to the rear and if plugged you and your passenger will get wet.

Not sure why I mentioned a car wash, use a garden hose at home, if you do have a home, wife suggested we sell and buy a condo due to the maintenance, just replied, that would be like going to a prison.

cw41

I remember having an issue with a chevy impala that the drain for the the a/c moisture plugged up where it drains from the tube and was flooding the interior floor with water. Monsoon season in the southwest so lots of moisture for the evap to catch. went underneath and found the drain tube and was plugged with debris and poked into it with a piece of mechanics wire and almost got a shower. drained it out and dried out the floor and carpet and things were good.

corcovado

Hi
Thank you for the replies...
I know it’s rain water , not the heater core as the heater core is in the other side, and the vent on the passenger side has already been addressed some time ago.
Windshield had not been replaced, and no wind noises when driving.
I don’t have access to a smoke machine, and was just wondering if I am missing something since the water is coming from under the pedals as shown in the picture near the steering column.

NickD

wrench
Since I already had these problems with more than one vehicle, that cavity where the windshield wiper resides, had a plugged drain. The problem was the grille slots were so large, leaves could get in and plug the drain. hot glued in screens.

Another problem since they know that is your fresh air intake, well not exactly on the Dan Ryan in Chicago surrounded by thousands of vehicles, they leave the side of that cavity wide open where mice can get ink blocking the drain with mouse stuff. Has to add screens to those as well, call this post production work. Need an addition source of air since ice and snow blocked your top grill.