2004 T 2285 trouble code

fullquver

2004 turbo 6.0 diesel 30, 000 miles lots of after market chip, exhaust, air filter etc. (not mine so not sure what else). check engine light entermintent. with trouble code T2285 Injector Control Pressure is Low. No apparent run problems. any ideas what to check? I Believe it is still under warranty but thats 100$ min to find out if it is covered. I personaly like to know before i take it it in thanks for any help.

Ford_Dude

wrench
Hello Fullquver,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but with all the aftermarket mods the dealer might very well shoot down any warranty on the truck. If you are looking to diagnose it yourself I would suggest getting an alldata DIY subscription and you get tons of info like wiring diagrams, troubleshooting trees, etc.

Best of luck,
Ford_Dude

fullquver

yes its a ford not possitive on the P or T. It belongs to a relative who became disabled in a car wreck after buying it. I do have alldata for my cars and they are great.

Jim Fairbanks

wrench
Check the connector on the ICP sensor...Depending on if it is an early or late build tells you where it is located...also...it is a P2285.....Jim.......On early build vehicles, the ICP sensor is located in the high-pressure pump cover.

On late build vehicles, the ICP sensor is mounted in the right valve cover.

[attachment deleted by admin]

fullquver

thanks for the info will check and probably send to dealer will let you know later in week