2005 4runner, 200,000 miles , battery draining randomly

grcauto

wrench
Yes exactly, look at all pics .. manual states not an active fuse slot but there is a fuse there and it controls radio, if battery drains within 3-7 days is that not a parasitic drain ? Battery test good it all aspects.
The circle is not the same place as the fuse. You are not looking at the layout of the box correctly.

billr

wrench
Staff member
GRC. I am confused as to why you are confused... To me, the pix clearly show that an unused fuse position in the panel is now being used, and is wired such that it affects the parasitic drain. The OEM wiring has been modified, and I suspect it is now faulty.

OP, is that really a fuse (what value), or is it a diode? Regardless, if it is a mod to the system, we need to have a full understanding of the mods to have much chance of helping with this beast

grcauto

wrench
I do see they are the same slot but that's not a fuse and we need to know what it is.

Operation CHARM: Car repair manuals for everyone.
Home >> Toyota Truck >> 2005 >> 4 Runner 2WD V6-4.0L (1GR-FE) >> Repair and Diagnosis >> Accessories and Optional Equipment >> Radio, Stereo, and Compact Disc >> Diagrams >> Electrical Diagrams >> Audio System With 6 Speaker

Audio System With 6 Speaker​

Audio System With 6 Speaker Part 1:​

Audio System With 6 Speaker Part 2:​

Diagram Legend:​

Locations: The locations of components, connectors, ground points, and splices referred to within these diagrams can be found at Vehicle Locations. Locations

Connector Views: The connector views for connectors referred to within these diagrams can be found at the Vehicle level Connector Views. Connector Views

pro multis · About Operation CHARM