Make
2005 hyundai
Model
Elantra
Year
Miles
Engine
4 cylinder
Power door lock switch continues to short out fuze ? Bad switch, wiring, solenoid, relay ?

grcauto

All of those were bad?

Srjr102

I don't know I'm trying to figure out what is causing the fuse to keep blowing ? What do you think it is ? With new fuse the switch will work a few times then the fuse will blow. Wiring maybe ?

billr

wrench
Staff member
Do you have an electrical multimeter and know how to use it? If so, I will beg somebody to post a schematic of the circuit so we can guide you on tracking this down. Yeah, there must be excess current draw, most likely from a short somewhere in the wiring.

grcauto

Check the wiring in the loom between the door and pillar. From being flexed every time the door is opened and closed the insulation will break and can cause shorts.

abrad

Guy I was talking to beginning of the week related a similar story, except it wasn’t blowing any fuses, just wouldn’t unlock the door. Another mechanic had ripped the door panel off, and was going thru all the contact points. Finally discovered that a couple wires had worn thru from rubbing the frame edge, even tho it was supposedly “protected” inside a loom…