2006 Buick Rendezvous windshield wiper motor

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
a grc, hevey duty 350 diesel, chenk engine on, was just a turbo code. just another day in the job

I for one have a good thrill on

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
es, it is probably an anti-theft issue, but why not get all the basic checks out of the way before diving into PCM/BCM electronics possibilities. Some of the checks on my list are very easy, some require a tool or a bit of effort; but all are easier and more methodic in chasing this down if the anti-theft "relearn" gives no joy.
this is precislywhy I like you

So rules out battery, checked fuses again and the relay is engaging etc. Had my stepdad come over to help diagnose and we located the schrader valve for the fuel and found no fuel being let out. We then proceeded to see if we could hear the fuel pump engaging and we heard nothing. So we're now suspecting it's the fuel pump. It's a little crazy to me that it could have gone bad, but I suppose it is possible just very bad luck. Is there anything else that I may have missed. This thing is becoming a nightmare lol

billr

wrench
Staff member
Be sure to trouble-shoot the fuel pump circuit, using a voltmeter, before just throwing a pump at it.

billr

wrench
Staff member
By "it" do you mean the fuel pump? At this point, the FP itself is no more likely than any of the other parts in the fuel system. I would start this search using a voltmeter to check power at the last connector before the FP. Leave the pump connected and "back-probe" the connector, connecting the meter leads to both the power and ground leads going to the pump. Don't just use a convenient chassis ground for one meter lead and only probe the pump power wire. On some cars that "last connector" is hard to get to. If that is the case for you, then let me know and we will move over to the FP relay/socket for testing

NickD

wrench
Raise nine kids, only four were my own, but all nine went through college. Seven out of my pocket book. All needed vehicles, not only for college, but high school as well, not like I was raised, seven mile walk, uphill both ways.

Under 18 had to be under my insurance company, but needed to carry high liability. For them, just liability, no collision or comprehension. Translated, finding the cheapest vehicle as possible, don't know where the word lemon came in for these vehicles, I like lemonade, but had to find the cheapest vehicle as possible.

Some needed attention every two weeks. Most minor, other more expensive like a valve job, but had my own grinder. Ha would cheat some, can't buy a head gasket complete overhaul gasket kit any more for four bucks. More like 150 bucks just for the gasket. Ha, if it looked good sprayed it with aluminum paint and reused it.

Just saying rather unlikely you wrecked anything by replacing your windshield wiper module, but with this new crap, should follow some rules like disconnecting the negative battery lead first. Can't really touch any electrical connecting wires, electrostatic discharge from your body that will toast the delicate electronic circuitry. One little shock can knock out a microcontroller and block a number of functions.

Basics still apply, fuel, compression ignition, and timing, just reading about the fuel pump, also sounds like you purchased a lemon. Tried my best to look and learn if any mods were done to a used vehicle, and have been screwed. Worse people to purchase from are private sellers, stay far away from used car dealers, by crap new car dealers don't fool with. With new vehicle dealers selling used stuff, never paid more than the trade-in value, they don't even pay close to trade in value. And what's not worth fixing goes to auction.

Nine kids are gone, lots of free time.

Raise nine kids, only four were my own, but all nine went through college. Seven out of my pocket book. All needed vehicles, not only for college, but high school as well, not like I was raised, seven mile walk, uphill both ways.

Under 18 had to be under my insurance company, but needed to carry high liability. For them, just liability, no collision or comprehension. Translated, finding the cheapest vehicle as possible, don't know where the word lemon came in for these vehicles, I like lemonade, but had to find the cheapest vehicle as possible.

Some needed attention every two weeks. Most minor, other more expensive like a valve job, but had my own grinder. Ha would cheat some, can't buy a head gasket complete overhaul gasket kit any more for four bucks. More like 150 bucks just for the gasket. Ha, if it looked good sprayed it with aluminum paint and reused it.

Just saying rather unlikely you wrecked anything by replacing your windshield wiper module, but with this new crap, should follow some rules like disconnecting the negative battery lead first. Can't really touch any electrical connecting wires, electrostatic discharge from your body that will toast the delicate electronic circuitry. One little shock can knock out a microcontroller and block a number of functions.

Basics still apply, fuel, compression ignition, and timing, just reading about the fuel pump, also sounds like you purchased a lemon. Tried my best to look and learn if any mods were done to a used vehicle, and have been screwed. Worse people to purchase from are private sellers, stay far away from used car dealers, by crap new car dealers don't fool with. With new vehicle dealers selling used stuff, never paid more than the trade-in value, they don't even pay close to trade in value. And what's not worth fixing goes to auction.

Nine kids are gone, lots of free time.
Thanks bill appreciate the feedback sorry for the delayed response have been busy dealing with school and getting things done to my daily. I had a friend come help me install a new fuel pump because we could not hear it engage. We heard the relay click and it tested good alongside the fuse for the fuel pump. Installed and still the same issue regarding fuel. It's a rather huge headache and unfortunately the lemon thing for me personally has always applied to a domestic vehicle at least alongside this year range. Going to spend a gold majority of my day tomorrow diagnosing more in depth and going through this thread. Unfortunately it must be electrical because it's got spark, air just not fuel. Sprayed starter fluid and it wants to start so I know that's the issue. I think my problem may lie with a connection at the PCM. Something about it seems odd to me.

NickD

wrench
94 Olds used the same part number as a Cadillac except the Caddy ran at 35 PSI where the Olds ran at 55 PSI, Caddy drew 4 amps, Olds SUV 8 amps, used vehicle, pump was replaced before, instead or removing the lines, cut them with and used short pieces of I think fuel line hose. Never installed the pump gasket correctly, fuel evaporative CEL was constantly on. If the pressure dropped to 50 psi, could crank all day and would never start.

Of course the tank had to be dropped after removing the cat back exhaust first. Most pros stated with this vehicle, would only hold fuel pump pressure for 20 minutes, but would jump to 55 if you rotated the ignition key slowly, PCM runs the pump for 1 second. At times had to switch the ignition on for two second, off, then repeat this 3 or four times.

Fuel pump relay contacts may be dirty, and this tiny slot motor pumps run constantly whenever the engine is running. and use a cheap brush type motor besides costing an arm and a leg.

After I was done after two day, fuel pressure held at 55 for longer than 24 hours, would only use an OEM pump, really some crap aftermarkets.

So what is your problem? May want to get an alldata.com for details about your fuel system with a circuit diagram. Latest GM shop manual have so much safety information for idiots can't find anything, all 8 by 11" sheets, and just a fraction of the circuit diagram on many pages. Plus they cost both arms and legs, this is telling it like it is.

Oh they put the fuel filter on top of the frame before they dropped the body on it, next to impossible to replace.

You sure need a fuel pressure gauge for these things and a good one.

billr

wrench
Staff member
If the pump relay clicks at key-on, the PCM and all wiring from it to the relay are probably OK. Have you checked for 12V power at the relay socket #30 or 87? Have you tried jumpering socket contact 30 to 87? That should turn the pump on

If the pump relay clicks at key-on, the PCM and all wiring from it to the relay are probably OK. Have you checked for 12V power at the relay socket #30 or 87? Have you tried jumpering socket contact 30 to 87? That should turn the pump on
Hey Bill thanks for always having great input. Again with work and school it's been hard, but finally had time to get with my mom's boyfriend and found the problem! The issue, was the fuse board/box itself. Unfortunately what happened was the ignition wire was slightly damaged and on top of that the fuel pump wire was super loose and bad on the board. I attached a picture of the problem. I like updating for first off thanking you guys and secondly for anyone else who may run into these posts for future reference. I'll be going to my local junkyard Tuesday and buying another fuse box. PXL_20201115_213409750.jpg