2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 P0133 fault code?

Website
scottyspot.tk
My roomie has a 2006 Nissan Sentra with a 1.8 that had the CEL light come on the other day and stay on. The code is a P0155. Any suggestions on where to look and what to test, or does that pretty much mean an oxygen sensor replacement? Also, which one of the 2 oxygen sensors would that indicate? I have an actron scanner, an actron sensor tester (I forget what model, but I bought it at Autozone 6 or 7 years ago), and she picked up a Haynes manual for the car the other day. Thanks for any assistance!

Re: 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 P0155 fault code?

Are you sure that is the right code?......I don't see a PO155 for that year Sentra....Jim

OK....that works....lol......Have you checked the connector to make sure it is tight?...that code is for the sensor before the cat.....also there is a 15amp fuse ...you might check the fuses....Does it have an exhaust leak?....that can cause it.....then you could try resetting the code and see if it comes back.......Jim

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
How was that code determined? A garage pulled that code or did you have access to a scanner? If so, can you see fuel trim. This is vital in determining fuel trims. Suspect a bad ground. Nissan are horrendous for ECM fail codes due to bad grounds. Check em all out, unscrew them, clean em with emory cloth and screw them and then tug on the wires to make sure all the ground are tough.

They do mention this in the troubleshooting....here is a diagram of the grounds behind the dash....Jim

[attachment deleted during maintenance]

Website
scottyspot.tk
Thanks for the suggestions! I disconnected and reconnected the oxygen sensor, pulled the fuse and stuck a new one in, and then reset the CEL and all is well! I would have never thought of a fuse for an oxygen sensor.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Something is telling me that fuse may blow again, would have been good to see the ground path resistance of this circuit. As long as it's fixed for now. Just hope it won't come back under the same format of a blown fuse. These fuses usually blow for a reason and that reason is usually bad ground spiking amps.