2007 Hyundai Entourage problems

jjames1978

I have replaced alot of stuff on my van. It has cost me $1200 so far and now they are saying my computer needs replaced. Is there anything that I can do to get help on fixing this problem because thats alot of money. Do you have anysuggestions? Thanks

Jim Fairbanks

wrench
Is the CEL on?...why do they say it needs changed?....If the light is on can you get the codes and post them on here....there might be some recalls or something that might help you..how many miles are on it?......Jim

jjames1978

spark plugs replaced, upper plenum gasket replaced, air intake tube replaced, mass air flow sensor replaced, throttle body replaced. All this was bad, and when i drove it off the lot from repair shop a few miles down the road the CEL came on. so i took it back they checked it and it says P2610. PCM needs replaced. only recall i can come up with from dealer is the sliding doors switch i had that replaced a few months ago and now doors are actin up, driver side wont open automatically
sorry this wasnt all on there earlier, my wife had posted the first post. engine is 3.8L V6 VIN KNDMC233276033096
the problem before all this was replaced is the same now, the lights will dim low when i am off the gas and speed reaches 35 all the lights on dash and headlights almost like i am dimming the lights then they come back on. van has 109000 miles on it

hopefully that will help

Mobile Dan

wrench
Generally, all those parts replaced would have nothing do do with dimming lights.

Please go back and edit or restate your last sentence. Your punctuation has me struggling to understand.

Mobile Dan

wrench
Got adjustable pedals?

Hyundai/Entourage 2007

MANUFACTURER: Hyundai Motor Company

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID NUMBER: 06V356000 MFG'S REPORT DATE: September 13, 2006
COMPONENT: Electrical System: Wiring

POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 790

SUMMARY:
On certain minivans equipped with adjustable brake pedals, the stop lamp switch wiring harness may be out of position. An improperly positioned stop lamp switch wiring harness could make contact with the u-joint assembly of the steering column. Repeated contact may eventually cause the wiring harness insulation to chafe.

CONSEQUENCE:
Chafed insulation could cause a short of the wiring harness resulting in the loss of brake lights, engine stalling, or an inability to start the vehicle increasing the risk of a crash.

REMEDY:
Dealers will inspect the wiring harness for chafing and repair it if necessary. Also, the dealer will secure the wiring harness to prevent future contact with the u-joint assembly.The recall began on October 9, 2006. Owners may contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.

NOTES:
Hyundai recall No. 078. Customers may also contact The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov.

jjames1978

I do not have the owners book so i really do not know for sure if i have adjustable pedals. I do know the brake lights have been on all night a few times. I was told about the brake light switch before. The battery actually died the other day at the repair shop so it is replaced now. but before i had all that tested (alt. batt.) it tested good. i will be calling Hyundai asking about the recall they say i dont have which according to that website safecar i have 2 recalls
Thank you very much for all your help!!
Jeremy

jjames1978

Thought I would let you know what all has happened so far. I called local dealer they said they cannot fix the sliding door problem again. they also said according to my VIN there are no open recalls. so i called Hyundai corporate (18006335151) they said the same thing according to my VIN there are no open recalls but according to safercar.gov there are 2 recalls for the problems i am having. my brake lights stay on at times when i am not even in the vehicle, the sliding door isnt working. man i am not liking this vehicle at all. so i am going to mail a complaint to corporate hyundai and see where that gets me. I appreciate all the responses, and help.
Jeremy

Ford_Dude

wrench
Any chance when the brake lights stay on you can reach down and grab the brake pedal and pull it back up ? Although I have to say its been my experience that the quality of these brake light switched leaves something to be desired.
Now as for the adjustable pedals, since you don't have the owner's manual you will have to search around for a button (likely two) which will move the pedals up and down. If after exhausting all areas where the switch is likely to be (driver's side) able to be reached by the driver while seated I would likely conclude you do not have this feature.
I would have the battery tested if it has not been already. Load test it, don't have them use one of those tools that simulates a load. It has to have an element that looks like the inside of a toaster. Next have them check the alternator, you are looking for more than just voltage. Put the lights, radio, A/C or heat, and anything else electrical you can put on during the test. Last you need to check the diodes, most testers will pass or fail them. Don't neglect the belt, if its loose or making noise it might be a sign to service it. I believe the alternator is rated at 130amps and while testing its suposed to be within 10 or 20% or max.

Ford_Dude

jjames1978

I had the alt tested and it was tested low. so i had it replaced. it is running good now. the fuse for the alt was blown and caused it to smoke. it was a 150 amp fuse. lights arent dimming now. thought id let you all know.
thanks for all the input