2008 GMC Van no Start

csordi30

Vehicle: 2008 GMC Cargo Van 4*4 The eight digit of the VIN is 4 and the tenth digit is 8 20000kms

The above vehicle has a no start condition. I cranked the engine and sprayed some gas into the intake and it runs. We scanned the vehicle and it came up with code P069E. (Fuel pump module sho no fuel) I am guessing this means fuel pump shorted open no fuel. I located the fuel pump relay and jumped across terminals 30 and 87. The fuel pump didn't go. I don't know which engine is in the vehicle aside from the VIN numbers mentioned above. The vehicle after sitting for awhile will stumble as if attempting to start. I am taking a stab that the fuel pump is bad.

Does anyone have an electrical schematic of the fuel pump circuit?

Any help would be appreciated.

Derek

csordi30

Hello again - I looked into P069E code. This code is to do with the Fuel pump Control Module (FPCM). The code can be set without any driveability concerns. I hope I am still on the right track with the fuel pump being bad.

Thanks again

Derek

Gus

wrench
If you have no fuel pressure, disconnect harness at tank, and attach a test light from A to D....turn key on....should light for 2 seconds....crank vehicle....light should be on as long as you crank......if this is the case, you have power to the pump, but no pressure....you need a pump.....