2008 Pontiac Montana no crank no start

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
@grc, how would you help this op apart from just sayin start over again without much more than that.

And here, I just bite into, you want to make this site interesting, try to put some content in it.

If you can, help the dude. You never know, maybe he will like one of my videos and learn that tape is good for back yard stuff.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
dude needs to know that 99percent of times shyte like this happens, it is his own fault. And babysitting that aint gonna help.

Tell it as it is, and dont celine dion it. But why not make it fun?

If YOU dont like it, maybe you need to invest in some software or other and actually try to help the guy apart from saying start over again. Any idiot can say that. Mind you, I am not calling grc an idiot, I just think he had a bad hair day, and will either 1 chose not to respond or 2 ha may post some actual wiring and stuff and post valuable life lessons, such as how these pontiacs suck in the pdc dept.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
And yep, I said I would not defend, yeah I just kind of did. At op, this is supposed to be a fun site. An interactive one.

@grc, if you think I am solely responsible for lack of traffic, so be it. My take on this is, when a newbie comes around, make him comfortable, and give him some true tested bay advice, such as, if you f with it, look again, much like you said and wrote, not much more from you.

If I went to a site and asked a question, and all I got back as a response was to look again, I would be like yeah, that f ing helped.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
christ, trump voting ppl have the moral fortitude of a snail. And I am from canadato boot, oh boy what to do with the fragile grc of this world,

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
if the newbie never posts back, well that is a good thing, cuz 1 he probably understood from my first post he did not need to remove that for a power steering line / pump problem. But he did. And at that point, we can only assume the position.

If op realist, he will do as you said, and he wont report back cuz that is exaclty where the problkem was. You dont like the style of message, open your own church on how to baby ppl.
I'd double check my work.

If that dont work, what else does your morman arse have to say apart from holy shyte this site aint worth shyte?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
It did not NOT help.

@grc, I am not asking you to retract that, I am just asking, look into your data base, post useful stuff as I and dont worry if I post britany spears anti trump stuff.

But if all you got is that, maybe we need to see what engine your running.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
@op, welcome to the site. stick around, it can be fun. I am the motorhead gear guy that some like to put all is bad on my arse. Im am actually fine with that, cuz at end of day, I just rely on experience, and that is hard to communicate in the internet form, so I use and abuse videos to help my languish lacking skills.

@ grc, I politely ask you to listen to this tune

billr

wrench
Staff member
Do you have the schematic for the starting circuit? That "power distribution" isn't going to help much. I feel pretty confident that the big cable from battery to starter, and grounds, are OK; didn't get disturbed by the fuse/relay panel removal.

Without getting into the present feud... I advise the OP to have somebody else check the work. I find that if I make a mistake, when I check things over I tend to "see" them the way they are supposed to be, not the way they actually are. the only way to escape this loop is to get a second pair of eyes involved, or leave the job for a long enough time that you are resuming with "new" eyes.

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Damn, not time to fuck with a bro who is losing his sister.

I have to come back and apol;ogize for my comments on grc. I felt they where at me, and i FEEL VULNERABLE CUZ i AM LOOSING MY SISTER. grc COULD NOT KNOW THAT

So caps off, cant we be friends. The stigma is killing us.

And now I know I am going to get dirt, but the best one here back in the day was jim fairbanks.

And I modeled myself after him. SO if you want to blame someone, blame jim. I think he is all knowing, that new yourk or jersey guy sure knew how to type and typo in style.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Thanks, that latest schematic should be all we need. Now it is up to the OP to get back to us, advise if a multimeter is available for tracking this down.