KevinKesler

Make
Mitsubishi
Model
Outlander
Year
Miles
Engine
On first start, takeoff in drive or reverse is strong and normal.

Feathering gas triggers the transmission to "shift".

Giving it more gas it down shifts and accelerates but at high rpm.

No detectable slippage

After during around the block a few times Outlander seems to start in 6th gear, low engine rpm. Then once it is rolling it down shifts all the way.

diag scanner shows 0 psi on the primary line and 145psi on secondary. I don't really know what I'm looking at yet but I'm a quick learner.

I plan on coming through the valve body and vacuum test.

I find it hard to believe that I can have no detectable slippage and the belt or variators are at issue. I have inspected them, no scarring and there is clear definition of the links of belt, no marking or chaffing. it appears that they are doing what they are commanded.
Edit

Attachments

billr

wrench
Staff member
OP, you started two threads on this subject, but I seem to have mistakenly deleted one during the "approval" process; sorry. They were caught in the approval queue because they had that link to the Mitsu-specific forum site.

KevinKesler

I think this is a more jatco specific issue for the Jf011e, it is used in more than just Mitsubishi, so transmission seems a better place to find qualified advice

billr

wrench
Staff member
Be patient for a day or so. Our trans expert doesn't check in here every day.

bp042665

hunting nut
ok have you payed attention to the step motor function on this had a nissan doing this same issue same CVT found no codes and found the pully fork worn down to almost gone. have to remove the valve body to see the fork the step motor moves it and it pushes the pully

KevinKesler

I pulled the valve body and it was a bit tricky to make sure fork was lined up with pin on top but I'll double check. Notice zero pressure on primary graph. Is that even possible?

bp042665

hunting nut
ok all these code come down to a wire problem or bad valve body or the tcm check all connectors at transmission case and inside of case for chafe wires or corroded terminal

KevinKesler

Before scanning I pulled transmission and replaced the pump with new.. I have valve body on bench now for vacuum test. Honestly It looks a lot better than I suspected

billr

wrench
Staff member
"Yes. See the screenshot above "

"Yes" to which question in the previous post? I assume you mean a gauge has not been used; is that correct?