2011 6-speed manual Mazda6 transmission issues

grcauto

wrench
Thanks, BillR. I have one quote from a transmission place I used for a pedal adjustment a while back. They have a good reputation. The owner told me they use only 100% new parts. I see what you mean about the "sweet parts-prices." Also, I talked with my insurance company and this situation will be covered (minus our deductible) so I'm going to proceed with your recommendation to have it done. I've done a number of smaller car repairs in my lifetime, but not anything related to a transmission job like this -- plus I'm too old to even be trying anymore. I'm attaching the quote for $2,000 to see what you think of it.
You'll have to pay a deductible anyway so let them do it. That's pricey but not outrageous.

dragan322

Many Thanks to BillR and grcauto for all your assistance in helping me resolve my Mazda 6 transmission issues! Could not have done anything without all your help. Dropped off the Mazda at the transmission repair place yesterday. Because of the current jobs they have, they're saying that they should have the car ready in about a week. Thanks again! Dennis

dragan322

Thank you. It's still in the shop. I was expecting the Mazda to be back in my possession by the end of last week, but when I called Friday, they said they are hoping for it to be ready this week. So, it looks more like a 2-week job. I didn't ask, but maybe they're waiting for parts. I do know they had several jobs ahead of mine. Oh well.

dragan322

Finally got my Mazda6 back with a new clutch yesterday evening. The mechanic showed me the old clutch and the condition it was in -- the plates (?) were down to the rivets. It shifts very nicely now, with the pedal engaging into first right off the floor. Far, far cry from earlier when I was having my problems. Thanks again to all, especially Billr, for all the help! I'm very much appreciative.

billr

wrench
Staff member
You are quite welcome, and thank you for posting the "closing" report.