Honda
Model
Accord
Year
Miles
Engine
4 cylinder
2011 Accord, 4 cylinder, 4 door

The key remote locks all four doors, most all the time. Occasionally, the driver rear door will not lock. What is happening all the time now, is the three doors will unlock, and the driver rear will not unlock. I can see the manual lock knob on the inside move ever so slightly, but it will not unlock with the key remote.

Any ideas?

Thanks

grcauto

The actuator for that door may be getting weak.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I second both above replies.

Best way to know?

Buy or borrow an amp claw. Actuate manually each door individually if possible with lock and unlock physical controls. If they feel no more harder than other three doors, read amperage at each electrical door actuation. If amps go high on that rear driver door. It is as GRC auto said, or a very resistivity wire or contact. This BTW can also be measured in voltage drop at battery with a cheap voltmeter.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I have seen ppl open trim panels, swap actuators, no success when actually, it was a almost split wire in door jam to particular door not giving enough juice to actuator. In this case, you will see little to no difference in amp draw or voltage drop.

If you are seeing an effort on unlock "knob". That means some form of effort is actually trying to move that.

So which is it? A bent rod? Sticking linkage etc. Or a bad actuator. As mentioned above. But some electrical checks a stated above can eliminate half of that/labor intensive removal of door components just by reading what a meter says.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
From memory, rear doors on this model do not have a lock linkage but rather a inner cable which also relates to the child safety feature.

So that also is something to check out. If the child safety feature is half engaged, which happens sometimes, this may be a symptom of what you experiencing. But if you really want to fix this, open door, clean every thing. Especially check for wire integrity of that left rear door at door jam. That door opens more often than we think. Often we chuck stuff on the rear bench at driver side cuz humans are just lazy at won't walk around the car.

I know, I am lazy.

Yes, I did find a snapshot that confirms what I wrote above.

Screenshot (303).png

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Sometimes, I take a can of brake cleaner, spray the shyte off the latch. It regains control. But now you removed the grease cake. So spraying back in some form of lubricant is good. But if it got so caked up, much as GRC said ,need a new latch actuator.

Honda/acura use some form of yellow grease that cakes up. Sometimes cleaning that restores function, but honestly, we live in a throwaway world. SO buy a new one is often better.

BUT NEVER overlook the wires in the door jam, they split all the time. If it is holding by one or two strand in said wire giving juice to unlock/lock feature, no amount of new actuators are going to fix this.

ChevyDude

Thanks for the ideas guys. Now to diagnose the problem. FWIW, it suddenly began working again, flawlessly, for now at least.