Make
chevy
Model
silverado 2500HD
Year
Miles
?
Engine
I am not a diesel guy just helping a friend and I am confused..lol.He has a 2011 2500HD 6.6 and it won't start..I thought it had a fuel pump in the tank but I think it is just the sending unit..not sure..I know it has an injection pump on the intake but I can't figure this thing out...I dropped the tank but the sending unit only has 3 small wires on it 2 white and 1 blue...I saw on my Alldata that the dual tank uses an external pump on the rail but does this one?Is there a fuel pump on this besides the injection pump? I am just confused where to start....he said when it wouldn't start the other day he banged on the tank and it ran for a few minutes is why I thought the pump was in the tank....Can you guys guide me in the right direction....Thanks...Jim

how do i get the air out?...someone said the is a button under the hood I have to pump...I don't know where it is...sorry I am not a diesel guy..lol...thanks...Jim

ok. I found the valve to bleed it and got the air out....also found the problem why it wouldn't start...This stupid thing has something added on called a fast system. After dropping the tank and replacing the module which was not the problem,I found a relay under the hood with a loose connection so I changed the relay and tightened the wires and now it runs fine...thanks for the help....Jim