2011 Sienna with Braun Handicap chair lift>> Door and lift automatically opens without demand with no call for it. It will also close by itself.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Whoa! I think all you know right now is that the problem is probably in the Braun system and not the stock Toyota. No telling yet just which Braun part is bad. Don't throw parts at it unless they are very inexpensive (not likely).

BC

Yeah, I totally agree with you Bill. There's a lady I know who has a Braun at a local junkyard who is going to let me borrow this part tomorrow to see if it corrects the issue. I found this part on ebay for $42.00 verses Toyo dealer at $190.00 if I need to purchase. I had also called Braun this morning, but they will only sell to toyo dealership. Part was updated to a newer type/style so maybe there was an improvement of sorts made. I'm also inspecting wiring where manipulated when lift is working, and have ruled out switches at this point. Its a place to start and if not the fix, I'll continue on. I appreciate all the help from Nick & your valued feedback! Thanks!

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
No problem, I like it when an op posts back and also helps us, help him, such as providing the stuff I didnt have, such as the braun wiring.

This is a team effort, and as such, should get fixed soon and you can get your friend fixed.

I see only a few handicapped modified vehicles per year, but I have seen enough to know they are good systems, but they do misfire as do cars. SO when diagnosing a system within a system can sometimes be challenging. But with the wiring your buddy provided, we will for sure find the glitch to that door thing.

:cool:

BC

Fixed! Ordered a new gateway module and installed. Everything is working like it should.

Thanks again Nick for the awesome help!

Last edited: