2014 Acura. 3.5. Timing belt replacement miles.

Make
Acura
Model
Lx
Year
Miles
100,000 Km.
Engine
What is the replacement mileage?

90,000 miles or 7 years whichever comes first. Some info says 105,000 miles.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
This is a v6 @ 100km miles or km, either way, it is due in my opinion. At least for severe such as up here. All my clients/ppl who trust me to fix their cars know I am always on a severe interval.

Now while this comment of mine may stir a debate, my first opinion is the one I stand by. On an acura with a 3.5l twin cam, not the 3.2l predecessor, with the singles, t belt was not as important and those engines could take 90k interval and it was a bet. If in fact you do push it to 90k, miles. I highly suggest a high end t belt kit like this. It may look like a cheap kit, but the aisin brand has been a winner lately. Clients getting less comebacks than the gates or contitech kits.

https://www.amazon.ca/Aisin-TKH-002...5-3613-1-1-5286--1&vehicleName=2015+Acura+TLX

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Not to mention, that water pump is almost designed to fail at a very precise mileage if you don't heed acidity checks.

Much like the 3.7l in the interceptors. But those are chains, but WP is almost identical with same chinsey rubber o ring they call a gasket. I am pretty sure that even when I install a new OEM ford WP, it is stamped aisin. Go figure

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
So, again, getting ahead whilst trying to say something easy. If in doubt, go with plan "A"/severe that won't cost bent shyte. The older RL's had a balance shaft to boot. If those went past 100km km's, again, a huge bet. But if t belt changed every 100km, no prob, engine got to 400k or 500k km.

So which part of that bank transaction do you want to be on? And no, I am NOT an insurance salesman. I have seen clients who swore their engine was a chain.

Nope. Misinformed and now much more than just a simple towing bill for a few miles more.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I pretty much wish to sound like our good friend NickD.

If he is still here and not too busy getting old. ?

But he said it the best.

I learned alot from his rants and raves. Gave a few of my own, and it was mostly all fun. Sometimes, he even made me question myself in the logic dept. Which I really liked about him. He was not afraid to think out of the box. Mostly, that guy made alot of sense, very literate and took time to know I was translating. ;):beer:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I know this is neither the thread or the platform, but it has to come out or else I am going to choke on my own emotions, and that is the last thing my family needs right now.

Right now. I am sitting in front of my computor/

NOT @ work and trying to figure out what is the next move on the chess board. Sadly, I see none. Bleak comparison to the hopes of last yr in regards to my sister.

I feel I am not getting the truth, my mother is confused and spending way too much time in my opinion for a grown ass sister such as mine.

Ok, edit that.

So my main beef with my older sister right now resembles a apprentice who wont listen to reason. Something like this sort of reasoning.

"you might need a bigger hammer at some point, and that 1975 broken torsion bar is not just for show, it actually has a speficic use, kind of like going to the gym, but here, you don't need a gym." Deer eyes in headlights, me not seeing the signs of my sister and not being more there to listen to my mom.

I feel less than the prodigal son right now. But all know, I sure damn show up when it counts.

Timing belt confusion...

IIRC some states decided new vehicles had to 'last' without major repairs for X miles.
So the manufacturer could build different engines to satisfy them OR do the math* and change the printed requirements for those states. I think NYS was a case in point,

* Number of vehicles vs a expected failure in the expanded mileage to replace window.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Thx stuart. That kind of picked me up. Chin up Mr Anderson. ;) It happens to every one to have a day when someone pisses in your english "cheerio's"

I know, I know in canada where saying gobbledgook, is not an everyday occurrence, you may now called me schooled in "bonne etiquette". You guy's got the simpsons, we got Bob and Doug. They were the champs of gibberish, ancestor to pro noun gook.

Ok, I told myself I wouldn't do it, but hey, giberish is in my nature. :eek: Good thing trump ain't in my blood, I could be twitting my gobbledygook there and get more space for my useless gibberish.

Last edited:

billr

wrench
Staff member
Stuart,

Yes, I understand what you mean about nickb2 going "off topic". However, he is also one of the most reliable sources of help here. He is patient in helping people work through some of the most complicated problems; posting schematics, TSBs, trouble-shooting guides from manuals, etc. The odd stuff he posts is fairly harmless. He never blasts anybody personally. My opinion is that the benefit of having him participate here far out-weighs any annoyance from the "gibberish" posts he makes.

Thx stuart. That kind of picked me up. Chin up Mr Anderson. ;) It happens to every one to have a day when someone pisses in your english "cheerio's"

I know, I know in canada where saying gobbledgook, is not an everyday occurrence, you may now called me schooled in "bonne etiquette". You guy's got the simpsons, we got Bob and Doug. They were the champs of gibberish, ancestor to pro noun gook.

Ok, I told myself I wouldn't do it, but hey, giberish is in my nature. :eek: Good thing trump ain't in my blood, I could be twitting my gobbledygook there and get more space for my useless gibberish.

But I am in Canada too eh!