briangearhead

Make
Chevy
Model
Silverado
Year
Miles
Engine
I have a 2014 chevy silverado that I'm having blend door problems.. Drivers side heat works amazing passenger side ruffly 10degrees colder almost cold air ... Ive done a reset or recalibration. Everything goes as ive read it should ... Heat works on both sides .. But it seems like it loses its calibration and everything goes back to the way it was ... Ive also replaced one of the actuators thinking that was the problem .... Worked for a while and still the same thing ...i do not hear any grinding or popping like theres a gear stripped according to what ive looked up online ... Winter is upon us and I'm tired of cold air coming out the passenger side vents.... Any advice would be appreciated ..

billr

wrench
Staff member
I expect those blend doors are controlled by the BCM, and you will need to look at BCM live-data. Do you have a scanner that will display that live-data?

briangearhead

I expect those blend doors are controlled by the BCM, and you will need to look at BCM live-data. Do you have a scanner that will display that live-data?
Well funny you say that ... Because I just bought a new scanner that allows you to view live data ... But when I go it , it doesnt show any of the HVAC controls ... The scanner is limited so yeah that was my thoughts also but now I'm stuck with a scanner that wont do what I need ...

billr

wrench
Staff member
There are inexpensive ELM327-type links that can do BCM live-data, I think. Somebody else can help you sort through that option, or PM <nickb2> if he doesn't check in soon.

grcauto

I have a 2014 chevy silverado that I'm having blend door problems.. Drivers side heat works amazing passenger side ruffly 10degrees colder almost cold air ... Ive done a reset or recalibration. Everything goes as ive read it should ... Heat works on both sides .. But it seems like it loses its calibration and everything goes back to the way it was ... Ive also replaced one of the actuators thinking that was the problem .... Worked for a while and still the same thing ...i do not hear any grinding or popping like theres a gear stripped according to what ive looked up online ... Winter is upon us and I'm tired of cold air coming out the passenger side vents.... Any advice would be appreciated ..
You likely have a stripped gear on the actuator that opens the door. You don't hear them all.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Boy oh boy, do these ac delco guys put me to sleep, but they do give good info. My take on this, 20o3 to 2014 dual zone all use the same cheap stuff

Being its a 2014 not sure how this is going to work for you, but procedure is the same

grcauto

The BCM does not control the doors the HVAC module does.