Make
chrysler
Model
town and country
Year
Miles
Engine
3.9 (I think)
Dealer says the power steering fluid is burnt and the fluid needs to be replaced. I have never heard of this before. Is this normal? I had the vehicle in for an AC repair and they came back with is information.

billr

wrench
Staff member
No, not normal or even remotely common. Get a second opinion.

tg1

The vehicle is still at dealership waiting on AC parts. I should comment that they were doing an oil change too. I say that because they were probably checking fluids. The are charging me $120 to change out this power steering fluid. I had never heard if this before. We had bought a warranty when we bought the vehicle used. They said that the warranty is covering the AC minus $100 deductible. Trying to decide if I should contact the reginal dealer center.

tg1

I called two separate Chrysler dealers and asked them about this. Both said that they had not heard of that before but also said if they were checking the fluids (as in when getting an oil change) also they could see how that could occur. They also commented that they price for a power steering flush would be about $120. They called and the van is done … we will pick it up tomorrow. We will inquire as to why and how this happened. I don't mind paying a reasonable fee for something that is needed. We will see. Thanks to all of you for your help and input