Make
Chevrolet
Model
impala LT
Year
2014 New body style
Miles
Engine
i have a 2014 impala 3.6. it has 160k on it and still runs perfect. the one thing i have noticed is that once it is good and warmed up, it feels like it slips at between shifts from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd gears. if you are accelerating more aggressively, it shifts fine, but not if you are driving very gently. i know i probably need to service it, but ive only had the car for 2 years, so i will soon. would some new transmission fluid help the situation, or is it on the way out??

billr

wrench
Staff member
Are you saying you really don't know how long it has been since the last fluid/filter change? Yeah, doing that may help. Put in some Lube Gard "red", as well. No codes set? Personally, I would use Dex3/Mercon fluid instead of the current Dex6.

bp042665

transmission guy
yes i would check that fluid also like Billr said lube gaurd but i would use the platium for this new of a car also i am guessing it has the 6T70 six speed

ebontrager

I'm not sure of the transmission model, but it is the 6 speed automatic. It hasn't set any codes as of yet. The fluid level checks just fine. I've only put not quite 20k on the car in the two years I have had it, but it is probably due for a transmission service. Is there any way to swap out all of the fluid maybe by opening up a transmission line and letting it cycle out old while putting in new in increments?

grcauto

wrench
I'm not sure of the transmission model, but it is the 6 speed automatic. It hasn't set any codes as of yet. The fluid level checks just fine. I've only put not quite 20k on the car in the two years I have had it, but it is probably due for a transmission service. Is there any way to swap out all of the fluid maybe by opening up a transmission line and letting it cycle out old while putting in new in increments?
We used to take off the return line while pouring in fresh. It works fine.