Model
Pathfinder
Year
Miles
Engine
3.5l Engine
Hi,

I need some advice here.

I bought a 4WD 3.5L Pathfinder (155, 000 miles) with some noise when accelerating -paid $7200 . I thought it was a wheel issue and it could be a relatively cheap repair.

Well, I now know the noise is a transmission/transfer case issue (common issue with the Nissan CVTs).

I have spent about $2000 to replace the transfer case but the noise is still there.

Considering the cost of cars nowadays, is it worth putting in another $3000 to change the transmission?

I understand the $3000 cost to replace transmission might go up, but I am thinking that putting a new transmission is like giving new life to the car.

My reasoning might be flawed (reason why I am hear for experienced advice), should I put in more money or cut my lose.

I was at the dealership yesterday and they said it seems better to buy a new car (at least $30,000) than keep spending on the Pathfinder.

Thanks

Last edited:

billr

wrench
Staff member
A 2041? Isn't that an all-electric with essentially no trans???

Seriously, first step is to proof-read what you have posted for other typos. I don't want to offer guesses/suggestions based on any other bogus info.

Be sure to clarify if this is a 2004, 2014, etc...