2015 dodge Durango. Crank but no start, put in new fuel pump and no power to pump.

scottw0376

Make
Dodge
Model
Durango
Year
Miles
Engine
Installed new fuel pump and still no fire. Tank is still down so I pulled the plug to find out one terminal second one in I believe dark blue/white has power but nothing else. Checked p70 fuse and it’s good. I have read that I have a pdc so no tipm but they are known for internal fuel pump relay going bad. So my question is can I install the dealer kit for the external relay in my vehicle? If not has anyone else found a solution to get this going without replacing the pdc? Thanks in advance

billr

wrench
Staff member
Can I assume that, right at the beginning, you checked fuel pressure and knew for sure that there was a problem with the pump system? As a sanity-check, did you confirm it will fire and run briefly with a blast of starting-fluid?

I have no chance of helping without a schematic. It sounds like you have one, post it if you want me to continue with you.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok, good morning, I think I need to clarify, all dodge's have a totally integrated power module, commonly known as a power distribution center. So be fore my french gets in the way. yes this a very known common issue, check you tube out, there are several ppl showing how to make a relay bypass for that.

I will try to link one before sending you into weeds.