2015 GMC Acadia odor

grcher04

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE: GMC
MODEL: Acadia
YEAR: 2015
MILES: 1000
ENGINE
: V6
DESCRIBE ISSUE....

I've got a brand new GMC Acadia, had it for a month, drive it every day. There is a persistent odor that smells like a mix of propane and gasoline. This is not the typical new car smell. Since I've been driving the car every day and have almost 1000 miles on it by now any burn in odor from new parts would have diminished.

We've brought the car back to the dealer several times and they have not been able to find anything obvious.

Curious if anyone else has heard a similar complaint and know a possible cause?

Jim Fairbanks

wrench
I see a lot of complaints on the web about the smell...not sure what the fix is but the dealer should know..some say it is a vent hose and others are saying the dealer is doing something with the cabin air filter vent....I would talk to them some more...Jim

Gus

wrench
Did you have a Service Writer do a TSB search, in front of you, for a smell on your vehicle? If not, have them do it at a PC terminal in their office....I have them do it all the time when I have a complaint....If they won't, say the magic words...."I want to speak to the Owner...."

NickD

wrench
Fuel odors can be life threatening, had similar problems with my new GM vehicle purchase and heard stories like is normal, can't find anything wrong with it, or dey all do dis.

Found this web site and contacted GM customer care.

http://www.gm.com/toolbar/faqs/customer_care.html

After a go around with them, finally was told to find a different dealer, 2nd one was just as bad, 3rd one, a small town dealer verified the problem, repaired it to my satisfaction, and under warranty.

Will give the first two dealers credit for trying to find a TSB or information directly from GM, but with my specific problem, but no one knew what the problem was, I did since I have been in automotive all my life, but couldn't convince them. You can also go to this site, loaded with information to other Acadia owners.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/