Make
Subaru
Model
Impreza
Year
Miles
Engine
4 cylinder
My daughter called me and said that she has been experiencing a problem for a while. Sometimes when she presses on the brakes, the ABS light, the Vehicle Dynamics Control light and the Hill Assist light come on at the same time. As she lives a couple hours from me, can anyone shed some light on what could be causing her issue so that I can pass it on to her? Thanks for your help

grcauto

Need to scan all modules for codes. Could be a wheel speed sensor.

Saw my daughter this weekend. We went out in her car and I saw the lights on her dash. I immediately hooked up the scanner and it did not pull any codes. Could it simply be that she needs new brakes on her car?

billr

wrench
Staff member
Not likely. Does your scanner read codes beyond the basic OBD2? Did you drive the car, can you give more detail on its symptoms?

grcauto

Saw my daughter this weekend. We went out in her car and

I saw the lights on her dash.

Which lights?

I immediately hooked up the scanner and it did not pull any codes. Could it simply be that she needs new brakes on her car?
Not scanning the correct modules. Need something better than a basic elm devise to be able to get all codes.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Maybe I am writing gobblydegook, but somewhere, with the newer cars, esxpecially with the new protocals, even the do it yourselfer can no longer deal with a recent car without investing in some form of hardware and software.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
From a techs standpoint, I would heavily invest in tools weather they be information, software and hardware related, cuz usually, it will pay for itself in 3 visits to a pro.

Hand on point, client came in saying ac not working. As a pro, I am obliged to ask him to sniff. r22. Nope, can't touch the car. He almost wants to start a fight with me. I say, hey, if you didn't put in the self sealing shyte sold on amazone walmart etc, don't yell at me. I am just saying, I am not going to shyte a 20 000$ ac machine on your say so.