cw41

Make
Ford
Model
F-350
Year
Miles
Engine
My neighbor bought a new F350 4x4 and has had the death wobble on the front end since new. At first it was minor and not given much thought till around 10k after driving over a rough bridge at 80mph the truck went wild.
It had been in the shop 4 times so far and all that was done is the steering dampener replaced. Now they say the tie rods are bad, tires wearing on the outside and want the customer to pay for parts and labor repairs.
I've read there is an aftermarket kit that will address the problem but shouldn't ford have a fix?? Not so far.
Truck continues to have the death wobble do you guys know what is going on with these fords? thanks again.

NickD

wrench
No shortage of not so good dealers, even appears to be a recall on this vehicle, have your friend call Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332.

Had problems with not one but three GM dealers and called the GM complains number, first person to answer doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground, have to ask to speak to his supervisor. You may have to repeat this several times to finally speak to a person that has some authority.

Contacted the dealer of my choice and told them to fix it. Some dealers complaint if they do a warranty repair, neither Ford or GM will compensate for it.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Same as jeep, buy a golden steer strut!! Especially if you oversize. I find the rancho pro brand works good for work horse truck. My opinion is like an arsehole, everyone has one.

cw41

she has called ford and just gets the runaround. on a 75k rig, this wobble shouldn't be included. bone stock factory and wobbles?? something is wrong here for sure.
hey nick, has it warmed up above 0 yet up there yet?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Time off, what does that mean,

you can shut down parliament, someone still needs to fix the cop and fire engines. We are full time. Just imagine if sky-net goes out, we just lost 2 thirds of work force. Back when, it was normal, now, you got a silver spoon, we or I take it from or out of you, you cry,

Foundation of logic does not rely here on your comfort, quite the contrary ;)

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
So, you asked me a question, how am I,

business as usual, just going to be harder this spring, maybe 70hrs a week, who knows

I just know I am fine till I drop, and I don't need netflix for that.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
right now, canada is laughing at usa.

You got guns, ok, I sneeze, shoot some other arsehole who was just minding his business.

If you know what an indian run is, this will pass

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I can only rely on this

Mom, dad and my fists or mittens if you prefer. Up here they are called chops. Sistier is on off duty, needed time off.

Now, they shut down all the cpa, school up to everything. Good thing I know how to fix shyte,

so back to this one again

cw41

No shortage of not so good dealers, even appears to be a recall on this vehicle, have your friend call Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332.

Had problems with not one but three GM dealers and called the GM complains number, first person to answer doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground, have to ask to speak to his supervisor. You may have to repeat this several times to finally speak to a person that has some authority.

Contacted the dealer of my choice and told them to fix it. Some dealers complaint if they do a warranty repair, neither Ford or GM will compensate for it.
thanks nickd. she is going to end up with the lemon law proceedings. I thought death wobble was a thing of the past on new factory fords, gm, etc!! I always knew modified lifted vehicles were a receipe for disaster but hers is bone factory. said she should have stayed with RAM.