2019 Ford F-350 4x4 Death Wobble

NickD

wrench
Any number of web sites one this death wobble issue, sounds like the entire front end has to be replaced. Here is just one site:

Number of so-called accidents and injuries already occurred, crappy front end components is not an accident.

Your friend is not the only one, phone call is not evidence, have to get a written statement from the dealer or Ford to file a complaint.

If your friend checked the history on this vehicle, would have never of purchased it.

NickD

wrench
Here is one possible fix.

That Fox steering stabilizer will set her back $410.00.

Days of Henry Ford, my hero back then insisted every component be made in house to his specifications. But this is history, both Ford and GM is buying a lot of crap from China, and China is very good at making crap.

Would like to sue China for their ash bore, killed seven trees in my yard and spreads faster then coronavirus. Wonder if they invented that to kill us?

GM was purchasing heater cores from 167 different vendors from China, some were okay, other were giving buyers kidney failure.

cw41

Any number of web sites one this death wobble issue, sounds like the entire front end has to be replaced. Here is just one site:

Number of so-called accidents and injuries already occurred, crappy front end components is not an accident.

Your friend is not the only one, phone call is not evidence, have to get a written statement from the dealer or Ford to file a complaint.

If your friend checked the history on this vehicle, would have never of purchased it.
A ford 4x4 only gal/family and never had this issue before. ford shouldn't sell a product with this kind of history. lemon law is in the works I quess. just like me and my gm 8 spd tranny I never knew they had such a poor history so I'm in the same boat going through arbitration now.
but nobody is at work with the virus so the country is coming to a halt.

NickD

wrench
Two vehicles I recalled had a steering stabilizer, 78 Caddy and a 82 Chevy motorhome chassis, both were made in the USA without problems. 1990 was the year and shortly after they started buying crap from China, hard working US citizens started to loose their job so the corrupt executives could make more profit.

Hope your arbitration sues the heck out of these people, not only putting more cash in their pockets, but endangering the lives of their customers.

More crap from China, first carp fish that are eating our game fish, then ash bore, killed six of my ash trees, now coronavirus killing us.

We saved China's butt during WWII with many of our men sacrificing their lives for them, they repaid us by joining the Soviet Union after WWII. Life is not good for the average China citizen very obedient and won't rebel.

cw41

Two vehicles I recalled had a steering stabilizer, 78 Caddy and a 82 Chevy motorhome chassis, both were made in the USA without problems. 1990 was the year and shortly after they started buying crap from China, hard working US citizens started to loose their job so the corrupt executives could make more profit.

Hope your arbitration sues the heck out of these people, not only putting more cash in their pockets, but endangering the lives of their customers.

More crap from China, first carp fish that are eating our game fish, then ash bore, killed six of my ash trees, now coronavirus killing us.

We saved China's butt during WWII with many of our men sacrificing their lives for them, they repaid us by joining the Soviet Union after WWII. Life is not good for the average China citizen very obedient and won't rebel.
thanks nickd, they replaced the stabilizer with the upgraded ford unit but same wobble. I had read that ford came out with caster/camber bushings and changed the alignment and that has helped some?? but if you have 20k miles and have had numerous wobble incidents, I wouldn't trust a part on the front end. I would have them replace everything. Now getting ford to do this is a problem on their dime, no problem if the customer pays for it.
I thought death wobble was a thing of the past except for the massive lifted things that are out there. Not sure how they are even street legal?

NickD

wrench
Well the government has to determine a recall, based on how much Ford is paying the lobbyist.

Whatever is cheapest, paying the lobbyist or repairing their problem.

Can you believe some guys doing a MTBF? Meantime before failures, I refused to do this, its all BS, right part for the job is the major criteria.

One was on alternator bearing failure for using a cheaper bearing, if more money can be saved using the cheaper bearing than the warranty cost, go for it, more money for the stock holders.

We do have another problem not much engineering can deal with, when gas tax was a nickel a gallon had a whole brand new interstate plus good maintenance of existing roads. Now at 55 cents a gallon gas tax, can't even fix a pothole.

No officer, I am not drunk, just trying to miss potholes all over this road so my vehicle doesn't fall apart.

NickD

wrench
Bunker? Not since the cold war ended, but it was just a little hole under my dog's house.

Looked at some of the suspension prices on this vehicle at rockauto.com, less than five bucks each for upper and lower ball joints? Steering wheel damper is only 28 bucks.

Kid with his 4WD SUV, dealer wanted 800 bucks for four ball joints, we did the job in my garage, more than 5 bucks each, more like 20 bucks, first time, took us less than an hour per rear. Over 1,200 bucks for hub bearings, got by with made in the USA Timkens for 80 bucks.

Prices are based on making purchasing a new vehicle cheaper than repairing your old one.

One little push of the button on my little air hammer, can knock out a ball joint in less than a second without wrecking the boot. Those wedge tools are worthless. Wondering if hitting a pot hole can bend those half axles or loosen their joints. Ran across some half axles that were dry, they really vibrate.